meal time with kids on carnival

QandA

ok.. i've been on carnival a few times.. never before have i brought my kids. every time in the past we have picked the late seating.. cause people with kids go to early seating..and in the past.. this has been alone time for the wife and i.

personaly.. i'm thinking about booking a late seating again.. i figure my kids will stuff themselfs with pizza burgers hotdogs and ice cream all day and not want to have a sit down meal. so i might feed the early and let them go back to camp, and the wife and i will have time to get ready and go for our meal alone..

so whats best time to eat with kids age 9 to 12?

Most families choose early seating so that they CAN eat as a family. You already said that you don't think your kids will want to eat in the dining room, so late seating would be the best for you. You can take the kids to the Lido deck, let them eat the buffet or the pizza. Then you can drop them off a Camp at 7pm and get ready for your late seating.

During our cruises that is the one rule big rule I keep, we all eat as a family, period. So we always eat early seating.

But all families have different rules. :D

I cruised with my family when I was that age and I enjoyed getting dressed and having "grown-up" meals with my family. Of course, that was wayyyyy back in the days when there were no "alternative dining options" on cruise ships. I think one of the joys of cruising is the family dinner where mom doesn't have to do anything but sit and enjoy the family (since breakfast & lunch are often on the run on ships), but I do also know that time alone with your wife is precious.

Have fun, whichever way you go.

Best,

Mia

We have always done late seating even on the cruise which we took our daughters. They ate with us all but 2 nights out of 7 and they were port days that we had spent together. For our upcoming family cruise we asked for the early seating so that they can attend camp carnival and we have already decided to make the same arrangements for dinners. I have to say of all the four cruises that we have been on our girls have been our very best tablemates in every possible way.

Archived