DebP........you still out there, quick question

bubbles1209

DebP, if you are out there, I have a quick question. I read where you stayed in cabin 7447 on Valor on a different thread. Am wondering if you have any pics you can share? We'll be on Valor in June in our first aft balcony cabin, and are curious how big they are, etc. Thanks for any help you can give.:)

I should have some pic's but they are not yet down loaded. I will try to describe the best I can. The balcony is the width of the cabin, which for 7447 was a little narrower maybe than others, not noticeably though. If you picture the back of the ship, you will note that the upper decks are on a slant. That is how you end up with extra depth. The railing is actually a blue tinted plexiglass which also slants inward. You can put the small table they provide or a lounge chair in a position to make use of the space that is under the slanted part of the balcony, so you have a little more foot space in the middle of the balcony. Following the angle of the balcony upward, you will realize that the overhang is reduced by the same amount roughly that the balcony floor is extended. As such, there is less shade (not that there would be a lot mid day anyway). The sides of the balcony are white panels with doors that can be unlocked so that two adjacent cabins can have access to each other, but the panels cannot be removed altogher.

Let me know if you have specific questions.

You can put the small table they provide or a lounge chair in a position to make use of the space that is under the slanted part of the balcony, QUOTE]

Meant to say under the slanted part of the railing.

can't you search out her threads and see if she's got pics in her siggy or posted in the thread where she mentioned this? just a thought, if you haven't already done this.

I did find some pictures on other threads before we went and doubt that mine would be better, but if they are, I will post them in the cabin selection forum.

I have had 0 luck, all I've been able to find is category 9a cabins (the wraps) we'll be in 7444. I only asked because your cabin should be the same as the one we'll be in, and because it's our first balcony, I guess I'm just too excited. The kid in me can't wait to see:p Thanks for replying so quickly.

Archived