Hotel Bauer In Venice

Lovinlife45

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Bauer in Venice. I booked this thru Princess and the reviews are great but can anyone tell me about their experience in arriving at the airport and having Princess transfer as well as the day you transfer to the ship?

Also wanted to know if breakfast is inlcuded in the rate for the Hotel Bauer?

thanks for any help anyone can give.

Charlene

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Bauer in Venice. I booked this thru Princess and the reviews are great but can anyone tell me about their experience in arriving at the airport and having Princess transfer as well as the day you transfer to the ship? Also wanted to know if breakfast is inlcuded in the rate for the Hotel Bauer? thanks for any help anyone can give. Charlene

Suggest you post this over on the ports board. You will probably get more and better responses.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=234

Hi,

I didn't stay there, but I did tour the hotel with my mom while in port, because we were considering it for our honeymoon the following year.

It was beautiful.

Regarding the Princess transfer I have only departed and arrived the airport using my own mode of transport which is what most people use and that is the Alilaguna boats, which has a stop near San Marco Square...

what you REALLY want to know is, if YOU are hauling your luggage up and down the bridge steps.

If you are staying at the Bauer, one would think for that price it;s a private water taxi but assuming is the worst thing to do...

Have a wonderful time in Venice...Try to make it to Burano, 82 vaporetto up the grand canal, st. mark's you need to be there 30 minutes to line up before they open!

I love love love Venice...been there the last 3 years 1 on a cruise and 2 times on land for an extended couple of days!

Buon Viaggio!

Charlene....we stayed three nights at the Bauer before cruising from Venice on the Golden. It was perfect. Location is great. Perfect location for riding a gondola (a must do). When we arrived at the airport we were met by a Princess rep. who took us to a motor boat. It was a private transfer with the driver, princess rep and Tom and I. (Tom is in a wheelchair so there was a lift in the bottom of the boat that raised so he could get in easily) I was impressed with the service. I did not see how the others arrived at the hotel but I did see people boarding a ferry at the airport. The hotel is beautiful. Breakfast was included in Princess package. They have a very nice courtyard that overlooked the water and this is where we ate. For a little laugh...the elevators (lifts) are about the size of a telephone booth. I couldn't believe how small they were. The only way to get the wheelchair up was on the freight elevator but that worked OK for us. Our transfer to the ship was exactly as we had from the airport. Hopefully, someone will give you some better info. for those without the wheelchair assistance. You will love Venice...we are anxious to return. Connie:) :)

Connie,

Thank you so much - that is exactly what I needed to know. One of the reasons that I booked a hotel thru Princess is that I don't want to have to deal with the luggage. I have had both kness replaced and schelpping luggage all over Venice was not my idea of a fun time. Plus I tend to take too much.

I was concerned about the breakfast being included so glad to know that it is.

You guys look familiar to me - are you on the Diamond on May 5th or the Sapphire next April from Sydney to LA?

Thanks again.

Charlene

Charlene...Glad I was able to help with the Hotel Bauer questions. We look recognizable because we are on the April 14, 2008 SYD to LA. We did this same itinerary on the Diamond in April 2006 with the DUSTS group, some of which are on 2008 cruise with us. Anxious to meet you. Connie:)

I believe I stayed in room 405, at the Bauer in 2002. It was great. The lobby is very Contemporary and cold feeling but the rooms are lovely, airconditioned and have great bathrooms. Our room had a balcony over a canal where the gondolier stand was. It was great to have the window open and listen to them singing!

I wasn't there for a cruise but can tell you that you can take the ferry from the airport and it will drop you off at St. Mark's Square, where it is a short walk to the Bauer. Make sure you have roller bags that you can manage if you go this route. Otherwise, it would be best to get a water taxi (that will be big $$$ but worth it if you are really tired).

To get to the ship, you can probably do a water taxi to the port. Check this out ahead of time. Water taxis with luggage to the ship will run about $ 100.

If you want to say some money, stay at the Sofitel Venezia. You can take a bus from the airport for 3 Euros a person and it drops you off a block from the hotel. The Sofitel is equally nice. It is also within a two minute cab ride to the ship.

We also stayed at the Bauer post cruise and loved it. We ate many meals at the outdoor restaurant-the location was just fabulous. The breakfast buffet was included and also wonderful. We found our room very spacious as compared to other hotel rooms in Europe which were quite tiny. We would happily stay there again!

Thanks to everyone who responded - I love hearing your stories. I am so glad that I decided to just book thru Princess - I was having second thoughts but you guys have assured me that all will be well.

I know this was expensive but the idea of not having to deal with the luggage or getting ourselves to the Hotel after that long flight really appealed to me.

While I like to save money when I can this time it really wasn't about money but about convenience both in getting there and the proximity to St. Mark's Square.

thanks again and I hope to hear from more of you.

Charlene

Archived