Carnaval on Journey - What's Included?

Captain Cosmo

In the past two days I've spoken to the Celebrity and the Captain's Club 3 different times about the details of Journey's Jan. 28th cruise to Carnaval in Rio. I have been told the following:

• Cruise includes seats and transfers for 4 nights of parade viewing in the Sambadrome (the ship is only there 3 nights...)
  • Cruise includes 2 nights of parade viewing and passengers will be assigned to specific nights based on whether or not they are in the early or late dinner seating (Journey is open dining - no set seatings...)
  • Cruise includes one night of parade viewing but we don't know which night

Given the rates for this cruise I'm hoping that it does include parade viewing but its a little frustrating that the cruise itinerary doesn't include this information, and more frustrating to get so many different answers.

Anyone have more information on this cruise?

We were on the Infinity this year for Carnaval. Carnaval in the Sambradome is on Sunday and Monday nights. Main seating went on Sunday and late on Monday. Concierge class and higher got reserved seats in section 9. Others got unreserved seats in section 7. Cushions were provided but everyone stood. Parade started at 9p.m. and ended about 6a.m. Some stayed for the entire time. Costumes and floats were excellant. Buses ran all night long. Jerry and Sandy:o

Captain, it would be fun meeting you on this cruise!

As mentioned by NEARING 100 CRUISES, this year one night of parade viewing at Sambadrome was included in Infinity (as well as the transfers). Last year (2005), tickets were not included... I expect that Journey will offer the same as Infinity did last year, but it might be quite a while before we know for sure. Last year's set-up wasn't confirmed until approx. 3 months for the cruise. It ended many months of going back and forth between 'tickets' and 'no tickets' in the roll call...

Floris

Hi all - thanks for the info! We've cancelled our March 2008 Infinity cruise and currently have a reservation for Journey's Carnaval cruise but may have to shift to another date due to work schedule problems. Anyone know a good tour guide company in Rio?

Archived