Yes, another formal night question...

KAWS

Personally one is enough for me. When we were on the Miracle there were two. I was happy with the first since it was the first full day and it was a sea day. But by the time the second one came by I was so tired out from "porting" and frankly I wasn't sure if my gown was going to even fit anymore!! :o We skipped it and went to the buffet that night.

I noticed that most people still observed the formal night though, although I also noticed that more pax seemed to change after dinner than on the first night.

Kim

Optional? I've never heard of an "optional" formal night. Maybe they added that on there for all the people that think there are two, and pack two formals. :confused:

One, for us.

The original 6 day Liberty itinerary had two formal nights, even listed two on the web, it has since changed to one, in the transition, they had "formal optional" on the second one for quite some time, good to hear it is not longer, many of the posted capers list it as "optional" you can search for capers and find many as such.

Honestly, I wish the 7 night cruises had only one formal night. :o When we take the kids on cruises, we inevitably buy 2 new formals for DD (they grow so quickly!), and a new suit for DS, with two shirts and two ties. It gets expensive, and the worst part is, they have it on for dinner, then can't wait to get their formal wear off.

I'd be fine with one formal night on every cruise. I think if there were one, people might even get a little more dressy.

Confused about this. I am on the Liberty on 4/22 for a six day cruise. Can anybody tell me how many formal nights there are? I have heard two, one and two with one being "optional". What does that mean anyway? Some people will be dressed to the nines and some will be in a polo or casual dress?

Please HELP!!!!

The Carnival website says:

"You'll have a chance to dress up on two nights during 7 day or longer cruises (one night on shorter cruises) for the Captain's Cocktail Party and the Gala Farewell Dinner. On the other evenings you can dress casually for dinner (no shorts or tank tops)."

I guess it wouldn't be the first time their website had bad info....but that's what it says! Hope this helps.

Bob

p.s. keep the Liberty partying for us...we'll be on her in June!

Bob, your post actually made me go read that on their website. Is this new? They used to list suggested attire, this is the first time that I've seen "you can dress casually, no shorts or tank tops". Then again, I don't read the website that much, but it struck me as a change from what they used to suggest. I started a new thread about it, as it's just interesting to me.

The Carnival website says:

"You'll have a chance to dress up on two nights during 7 day or longer cruises (one night on shorter cruises) for the Captain's Cocktail Party and the Gala Farewell Dinner. On the other evenings you can dress casually for dinner (no shorts or tank tops)."

I guess it wouldn't be the first time their website had bad info....but that's what it says! Hope this helps.

Bob

p.s. keep the Liberty partying for us...we'll be on her in June!

BOB:

Thanks for the info. I guess I should just bring clothes for two formal nights since another thread that just came off this cruise said there were two formal nights.

And yes, we will keep the party going!!!!

Bob, your post actually made me go read that on their website. Is this new? They used to list suggested attire, this is the first time that I've seen "you can dress casually, no shorts or tank tops". Then again, I don't read the website that much, but it struck me as a change from what they used to suggest. I started a new thread about it, as it's just interesting to me.

I'm not sure if it's new or not. When I saw OP's post I went to their webpage and looked at the FAQ's and it was there. I've always taken "casually" to mean Dockers and a Polo shirt, but that's just me. I don't want to start the infamous "jeans in the dining room" battle here!!! LOL.

Bob

BOB:

Thanks for the info. I guess I should just bring clothes for two formal nights since another thread that just came off this cruise said there were two formal nights.

And yes, we will keep the party going!!!!

Sounds like having clothes for two formal nights is the way to go. Hope you have a great cruise!

Bob

On our six day Liberty cruise we were in Costa Maya for the second

formal nite which they labeled as "formal optional". It is hard to prepare

for a formal nite when in port for the entire day. At dinner that evening

there were some people dressed semi formal and some dressed resort

casual. It didn't matter, everyone looked nice, the food was great and

all looked happy to be cruising!!

Archived