Westerdam Upgrades

mickey

Does anyone know exacately what changes are being made to the Westerdam in drydock, since it's a relatively new ship? I read something about flat screen tv's. Would this be in all cabin classes? Also anything about refrigerators in the cabins, like Princess?

Hi Mickey,

All rooms will have flat screen TVs, they already have the small refrigerators. The stern will be less cantilevered, more squared off and more aft cabins are being added, I think they are inside cabins opposite the aft veranda cabins. The passenger level will go up to what Noordam's is, about a 200 pax increase. I'm not sure about the public rooms, I don't think it will have Eurodam's deck plans, more like Noordam's.

That's all I know.

We got the Parco De Medici in Rome. It was a hassle. DH says he'll consider a holiday cruise, have you seen the Volendam Panama Canal trip?

Most of the other New year's trips are 7 days.

Talk to you soon. Have a great time at the wedding.

GN

They're also moving some of the public rooms around. If I remember correctly, Explorations Cafe is going upstairs next to the Crow's Nest, for example.

If you REALLY want all the details on this aspect of it, you can compare the pre- and post-drydock deck plans side-by-side by opening up two browser windows to that page of HAL's website, setting up your screen so each window takes half of it (divided vertically), and then going deck by deck. Yes, I admit it - I'm compulsive enough to have done that :o - but I don't remember all the things I learned in the process. It was pretty tedious going, frankly, and I'm not sure it was worth it. But don't let me stop you!

Archived