Family Suite on Infinity

cruiseknotter

I just posted, but somehow I can't find my post, so here is my question again.

I'm booked on Infinity in July to Alaska. I'm traveling with my family (around 14 total). We have oceanview cabins on 2nd floor for now. Suites (besides CC) are all sold out (I asked to get a call if anything becomes available). In the mean time, I just found a famaily suite (#9197) on the website and quickly transferred my deposit to this one. Price is a lot cheaper than a Sky suite, yet it's much bigger! Especially I love its HUGE verandah (will be great to have all my family together). I don't see much info about family suites on this site, so wonder if anyone stayed at a family suite. Does it comes with butler service? Any photos?? Can I ask to have more chairs in the verandah?

Hi,

We have stayed in them several times. They are not suites, but do have two seperate areas separated by a divider door. And no, they do not come with a butler. As a matter of fact they don't have the Concierge Class upgrades either. But they are still a great cabin to have. Yes, you can ask for more chairs, we always ask for more lounge chairs when we first board. Click on my link and look at some of my albums and you will see several pictures of FV cabins (try page 14 of the April 2005 Caribbean album). They are pix of corner FVs.

Thank you so much! too bad we're not going to have a butler. but still having a family suite is great!

I know Royal Caribbean updates their system at 11pm, so I was told to check back after 11 to see any cancelled cabins becoming available.

It looks like Celebrity update is immediate. I already see my cabin that I just released available on the website. Any tips how to get a suite? Since final payment is in a month, should I sit tight until then?

Cruiseknotter:

Any particular reason you want a suite? Is it just to to have a butler?

I just got off Infinity on Easter Sunday and we stayed in FOV 8166. It is by far the best cabin we've stayed in so far. There were 5 of us--me, husband, 2 children, and my mom. There was plenty of room for all of us. The veranda is huge, and I do mean huge. We were fortunate enough to have a corner aft cabin and these verandas are larger than the regular FOV rooms. My mom, son, and husband had breakfast on the veranda every morning and our attendant delivered coffee, cheese, and crackers each afternoon.

No, there isn't a butler, or even conceirge class amenities, but all you have to do is pick up the phone and have your stateroom attendant bring you whatever you want. Granted, not the pillow menu, but just about everything else!:D

For the price, a FOV is in my opinion, the best cabin to have, especially on a longer cruise. We enjoyed it so much that we actually cancelled our reservations for a Sky Suite and transferred them to a FOV for our December TA!

Donna

After hearing all the good things about FV, no butler won't bother me much. I didn't know I can be on waitlist for sold out cabins. I'll call Celebrity and request.

Celebrity told me 5 people can stay in FV, which I couldn't believe.

Donna, where did your 5 family members sleep? 2 adults in the bed, 1 adult in 1 sofa bed, and 2 kids in the other sofa bed, I assume?

I have 2 nephews (13 & 7 y/o). If they can sleep in a sofa, I can put 3 of my aunts with them in the room who love the kids so much and pay for their cruise. This is a lot cheaper than 3 oceanview cabins that we currently hold.

That's correct. That's exactly how we slept. And if you are able to get an aft corner FV, the "hall" where the closets are is adequately wide enough to put a roll away bed at night and still have sufficient room to walk to the bathroom!

These rooms are fantastic. That's why they're so hard to get!!!

Good Luck!

Donna

Archived