ROATAN - operator

Woodsmaster

I will be going to roatan on the Rhapsody of the Seas in May.

I thought I had hooked up with a dive operator at Seaspace in Houston, but it isn't going to work as he requires a deposit via PAYPAL. DOn't use it and won't due to a bad beef with them earlier.

Does anyone have the names and email /website contact information for a good dive operator.

There will be four of us.

We dove with Luna Beach Resort and highly recommend them. I had booked with them and when we showed up they said that they had us booked for a different day. Of course, me being very anal about these things I disagreed and produced my paperwork...He was right, I had inadvertantly booked for the wrong day. He said that he would do everything he could to get us out. He led us to the dive boat and had a conversation with the guests that were already on the boat and they all said that it would not be a problem to let us go on that boat and they would jus go out later after lunch.

Talk about saving my bacon!!! I was responsible for booking the dive for our group of 6. Customer service is what it is all about and they provided it in spades. Also, what a great group of divers to let us take their place!! I love the dive community.

The DM was very knowledgable and took us on some phenomenal dives. Enjoy Roatan! Hope you get to see a whale shark!!!

• 5 weeks later...
Thank you.

I am trying to hook up with an operator now.

Is everyone using PayPal now?

I recently had to use PayPal to book a snorkel trip. The operator, Blue Ocean Safari in Majahual, was highly recommended, so I subscribed with PayPal to pay the deposit.

I was subsequently surprised to see a $10 fee attached to the deposit on my credit card. My first reaction was to ascribe the fee to the operator. Not true. I called the CC company who explained that it was a CC fee. The booking was viewed as a cash advance which automatically triggered the fee. I'm glad I called the CC first before yelling at the snorkel/dive operator.:p

I didn't know about the fee because I'd never used a CC for a cash advance. It was a cheap, $10, lesson.:o

Archived