Rental Cars in Port Canaveral

bahama_mama

Someone had written in a thread rental car companies that had long lines trying to get to the rental car agencies after the cruise. They listed to companies to avoid and several that had several shuttles going - I remember one of the "good" ones was Hertz but I can't remember the others and I can't find the thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated. One other question - I was going to send my DH to get the car and then come back and pick up me, the kids and my parents - will he be able to get back to us or should we all take the shuttle over to the rental lot?? Thanks for your help! :D

The rental agencies that have offices in Cocoa Beach and MCO are Avis, Budget, Hertz and Thrifty. All the rental offices in Cocoa Beach are within two miles of each other. There is easy access to the gas station near the rental offices in Cocoa Beach. For MCO, use the exit for the airport, but head away from the airport for about one mile. There you will find gas stations and fast food.

I rented from Avis in April/May 2006. I turned my car in at the Avis office in Cocoa Beach. They drove me to the dock. When I returned I again used the Avis shuttle to get back to the rental office in Cocoa Beach. I had no trouble on either end. However, I am a CVC member, and thus was one of the first off the Glory. I don't know if that made a difference.

Good morning,

Pat is the GM for Budget Car Rental. A new Hertz office is being built on the Residence Inn property and will be open next month. Avis Car rental was the ONLY company to come to the aid of cruisers when they were faced with being dropped off in Cape Canaveral and we were under mandatory evacuation - they got 4 families 4 cars and out of here with 7 hours of Francis hitting here also they will meet or beat anyone's prices, Thrifty is between Avis and Budget and all the rest are in Cocoa Beach. I believe for most part each of them are reliable and each of them will do what they can to make you well satisfied.

Always

Shirley

Archived