Roll Call: QM2 July 1 Independence Day Weekend Cruise

cruiserking

Just a mere 42 days to go before our grand ship comes in. I don't know if it's just me but, it feels like time is starting to fly by now. I propose we all meet at the Commodore Club for cordials on July 2 at 5 pm.

Looking forward to meeting all of you fellow Cruise Critic boardies aboard R.M.S Queen Mary 2

in six weeks and change.

Cruiserking

7/1 Queen Mary 2 Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;7;1;17;45;00&timezone=GMT-0500

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;12;21;18;45;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till 12/21 QE2 Caribbean Holiday Cruise

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.........Picked up my tickets yesterday. It's so nice not having to fill out luggage tags. Name and cabin number already on them.

So excited can't wait to go.

See you on board. Yes, the Captain's Gala is on July 2nd. Maybe we can meet another day or time.

Helane icon_wink.gif

40+ Cruises

QM2 7/1/04

• 2 weeks later...

icon_smile.gif Received our luggage stickers and instructions today. The excitement is mounting!

Agent said she has had numerous requests for reservations--but, could not get anymore! We'll have lots of company.

Anyone know if the tall ships will be there, or if there will be anytype of parade on the 4th?

Why don't we have our Cruise Critics get together on July 2 at 2pm in the Commodore Club. Just 22 days from 2day. Deuces wild as it were. How does that sound?

Look forward to meeting everyone.

Cruiserking

7/1 Queen Mary 2 Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;7;1;17;45;00&timezone=GMT-0500

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;12;21;18;45;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till 12/21 QE2 Caribbean Holiday Cruise

[This message was edited by cruiserking on 06-10-04 at 09:24 AM.]

Someone posted that CC parties are only for 7 days or longer sailings.

I think you should all definitely meet in the Commodore Club as on my recent sailing we had agreed to meet in the Chart Room, but due to its proximity to Sir Samuel’s more people apparently wound up there. At least the CC is isolated and the only bar/lounge on its deck I believe.

Not sure about the tall ships, but there are always fireworks.

And, have a great cruise. I am hoping that you will not experience any untoward behavior or at least the staff will be anticipating it and better prepared.

In any event, Liner Guy knows how to deal with anything.

Well we are just a few days away for our adventure.

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you July 2nd 2pm in the Commodore Club.

We are taking the train in and will be arriving Pen Station at 10:30 our docs have a boarding time of 3:30 so I do hope that we can get on the ship a bit before that.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;7;1;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till The Queen Mary 2 - Independence Day Cruise

Hi Russ,

I will be on that voyage with a personal friend, brother and sister-in-law.

Looking forward possibly meeting.

Getting excited

My wife, our two children, my Father in-law, my wife's Aunt, two friends and I will be on board.

I'm not opposed to meeting sometime during the day.

Russ

We also have a 3:30 boarding time. We are going to be there at 11:30. I am sure we will have no problem getting on the ship earlier as long as everyone has disembarked.

We are so excited and I'll probably pack this weekend.

See you on board. We will be in Cabin # 8087.

Helane

40+ Cruises

QM2 7/1/04

Which will it be to meet? 2 or 5PM in the Commodore's Club? We are so looking forward to meeting all the experienced travelers and hearing about your travels! Expecially want to meet Malinda from this borard as it it so close to our thread name. We picked Msbelinda after a child's book title Geraldine Belinda--my favorite child's book. Finally got my husband to look at the fabulous Cunard web site "Cunard cruise lines for luxury travel" which allows one to explore 360 degree exploration!! Learned lots--but, will probably be lost lost too!! lol. Anyway will be wonderful to meet all of you on July 2--whatever time is chosen.

I'm pretty sure it's 2pm on the 2nd, right?

Since we are on early seating (kids you know), 5pm would be a little close for me.

Of course, majority rules.

Desirod: Also looking forward to sitting around and chatting about our favorite subject.

Russ

My local news last night reported that we will not be in New York Harbor for the fire works. We are now going to Fort Adams Stae Park in Newport RI. We will not be allowed off the ship but will see a 3rd rate 45 minute fireworks display.

I live 30 minutes from this site I have seen the 4th of July celebration, I have seen the 4th of July Celebration in New York it's apples and organges.

Why on earth have they not notified us of this MAJOR change.

Archived