Taxi from FLL to MIA

KAWS

Does anyone know how much this is? Would a taxi be the best way or is there some sort of car service that's better?

We'll be 4 people and the cruise leaves from Miami but we will have to fly into Ft. Lauderdale (no choice). Trying to decide if it's worth it to book this cruise or stick with the 6 day one from FLL. I like the ports better with the MIA one but if it's going to be hugely not worth it, we'll stay where we are.

Can anyone provide this info for me? Thanks.

Kim

From what I understand, it's about $60-$70 for a taxi from FLL to Miami. I was looking for transportation from the port of Miami to FLL for the return trip of our cruise so I called a car service and I was told that it would be $115 one way. I also called a shuttle service and the price was $29 per person. Taking a taxi seems to be the most economical way but I'm not sure if you can fit four people plus luggage in one taxi. I have heard that there are some vans available but I'm not sure how much it is.

Does anyone know how much this is? Would a taxi be the best way or is there some sort of car service that's better?

We'll be 4 people and the cruise leaves from Miami

Kim, The Tri County Airport Express shared ride shuttle service from FLL to Port of Miani is $18 per person. The same firm offers a private towncar service from FLL to Port of Miami for $64 for up to four passengers.

You do not need to make a reservation for this service, as their 150 vehicle fleet is based at the Fort Lauderdale – Hollywood International Airport. They service all of South Florida and have been the exclusive transportation provider for the airport since 1986. The rates are for 1 to 4 passengers in your party, one way, to or from the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.

Additional charges for extra stops and pick-ups from Miami Dade, Miami International Airport and the Port of Miami may apply. Drivers accept all major credit cards.

When you arrive at the airport, collect your luggage and go outside the baggage claim area, lower level, curbside, contact one of the starters (customer services reps.) wearing a white shirt with "AIRPORT EXPRESS" in red on the back of the shirt and an emblem on the sleeve and over the breast pocket. Let the starter know what service you are interested in and he/she will assist you.

You can arrange for a pickup at the port from the same firm for your return, the fare will be slightly higher due to the extra port fees the firm has to pay, but reasonable for a private car service. ;)

We get a shuttle service for $19.95 pp for a shared van ride. www.easyexpress.biz

They are not a shuttle service, they are just a transportation broker. Why pay a middleman for something as simple as a shuttle ride?

Tri-County Airport Express $18. At least you know who your dealing with. When you arrive at the airport, collect your luggage and go outside the baggage claim area, lower level, curbside, contact one of the starters (customer services reps.) wearing a white shirt with "AIRPORT EXPRESS" in red on the back of the shirt and an emblem on the sleeve and over the breast pocket. Let the starter know what service you are interested in and he/she will assist you.

It doesn't get any easier then that ;)

They are not a shuttle service, they are just a transportation broker. Why pay a middleman for something as simple as a shuttle ride?

Tri-County Airport Express $18. At least you know who your dealing with. When you arrive at the airport, collect your luggage and go outside the baggage claim area, lower level, curbside, contact one of the starters (customer services reps.) wearing a white shirt with "AIRPORT EXPRESS" in red on the back of the shirt and an emblem on the sleeve and over the breast pocket. Let the starter know what service you are interested in and he/she will assist you.

It doesn't get any easier then that ;)

I was thinking about coming in a day or 2 early. Can I use this to go to a hotel? Do any hotels in Miami pick you up at FLL? Or could we stay in Ft. L and take cab or shuttle to the cruise ship?

Archived