What's the best way back to FLL?

I've read every post regarding FLL to the port, but what's the best/cheapest way to get back? We took the FLL Everglades excursion for the free ride at the end of our last cruise. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

I will be traveling with a family of 5

The last time we cruised out of FLL was this January. We rented a car and used the rental car shuttle from the airport to the port and from the port to the airport.

The rental car shuttle stops right in front of the ship in port and takes you directly to the rental car hub at the airport. It is a short walk to the gates from there.

No one asked to see a rental agreement when we boarded the shuttle. We did have a rental agreement for our arrival but did not have one for our departure.

There is no charge for the rental car shuttles.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Evil :)

We took a taxi/van back to FLL it was 65$ plus tip, five would have definitely fit. We just had the two of us since we had an early flight and we didn't want to wait for him to get more people. Since you won't have this issue I would say just get the taxi, they were all lined up by the curb when you come out of the pier building. The cost was for the taxi not a per person charge of any kind.

Why would getting back be any harder that getting there. The FLL port is soooo easy to get to from the airport and vice versa. it is less than a 10 min ride. Depending on the number in your party. Just hop a taxi it costs about 12 dollars. For a larger group I am sure you can arrange a van to pick you up at the port.

Why would getting back be any harder that getting there. The FLL port is soooo easy to get to from the airport and vice versa. it is less than a 10 min ride. Depending on the number in your party. Just hop a taxi it costs about 12 dollars. For a larger group I am sure you can arrange a van to pick you up at the port.

I should clarify that I mean the Port of Miami...sorry for leaving out that important piece of information. Thanks for pointing that out

I should clarify that I mean the Port of Miami...sorry for leaving out that important piece of information. Thanks for pointing that out

My info posted above for the taxi for 65$ was from Port of Miami

Until last April we had always driven to the port or Miami. Now we live further away. Miami is a very controlled port and unless a carrier (even cabs) are licensed to serve there it is difficult to get transportation on your own. Even some hotels with drop you off but cannot pick you up. It is an extremely controlled port.

We found a cheap shuttle through the net to get there and I know it is difficult unless you use the cruise line to get out. With five, I think the suggestion of a cab would be the best. Being only two of us we just bought two bus tickets from RCL. Still saved money by buying the original shuttle online.

I agree with Sue L. There are plenty of taxi's lined up ready to go, including the minivan type. We arranged for a town car once but that was more of a pain. I had arranged for them to be there at 7:30 and ended up calling them at 8 because we couldn't find them. They weren't even there yet! Since then we have just grabbed a cab.

Oh that explains better. I hear there is a train that runs between the two airports. it is pretty quick and much cheaper than using a car service.

Last summer we rented a car from Dollar, at a very reasonable price.

The Dollar shuttle was circling the road when we got off the ship, we just flagged it down. Went to the rental company, quickly got our car (which was upgraded to a minivan for the same price) and off we went.

This enabled us to drive around FLL to the beach and walk around a little, eat some lunch and to the airport.

We are doing the exact same thing this sumer when we take the Majesty in June. Dollar rental again for only $28.00 - can't beat that and a place to store your luggage for the day.

What time is your flight back?

also, I've enjoyed looking at your pictures....:)

What did you think about that excursion? My husband and I are trying to figure out the same thing...getting from the Port of Miami to FLL. The rent-a-car idea sounds pretty good.

I've read every post regarding FLL to the port, but what's the best/cheapest way to get back? We took the FLL Everglades excursion for the free ride at the end of our last cruise. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

I will be traveling with a family of 5

Archived