excursions in Victoria

I was about to post the same question! We will also be on the Dawn in June (same date?), and we will only be there from 7am-2pm so not a long time to do anything else. I was also reading another thread that talks about catching a shuttle right off the docks... this might be just as good? I have spent 100s of hours researching Alaska (including quite a few this weekend!), but I have completely neglected Victoria. I guess now is the time... :)

I will be visiting Victoria from the Dawn Princess in June . Can anyone give me some advise on the horse drawn trolley or the double decker bus tours. Which is better?

Hi, depends if you want a very small group with your carriage driver and a shorter tour or a bigger group with the double decker. Both are good. Personally, I'd pre-book for the Royal BC museum on the internet and go see the Titanic exhibit.

http://www.royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/MainSite/

This travelling exhibition features 281 artifacts recovered from Titanic’s undersea resting place in a series of galleries that trace the life of the “unsinkable” ship – from its design and construction through to its discovery, recovery and conservation.

As visitors climb the gangplank, boarding passes in hand, they become immersed in the passenger experience. Authentically recreated first- and third-class corridors, cabins and the outdoor café are appointed with artifacts recovered from the shipwreck site 3,800 metres below the surface of the North Atlantic Ocean.

[url=http://www.royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/MainSite/][/url]

to get around the city - I've seen these around Vancouver... now I see that they do victoria too... & they look like fun

http://www.bigbus.ca/

I've been on the horse drawn carriage & it was a blast (but a slow & plodding one...very regal...befitting the grand city of Victoria)

What a great site. We will be in victoria the middle of may and having been to Victoria many times we have not done a hop-off hop-on tour of the city. Thanks very much.

marilyn

Archived