New vs. old On-board credit/itinerary change

spearmint

I have a few questions, so please bear with me.

Can anyone tell me which thread I should be searching for regarding changes to the on-board credit system? Or better yet, provide information on the changes.

Specifically, I want to change a booking made before the new system came into effect, from a 14- night Hawaii, to an 11-night Caribbean. Have not heard back from Celebrity on this.

(1) Do I still get the $200 credit as originally signed? My recall from reading the above-mentioned thread was that I would receive the original amount only if I do not change my itinerary, and would only receive $50 or $100 credit if I do change it. Prices for the second cruise would total about $2900 Canadian ( $2500 US?) according to the website.

(2) Also, the new itinerary is one that has a savings certificate from the Captain's Club newsletter, which we have made use of previously. Has anyone used one of these certifcates in addition to an on-board credit i.e. does the company allow it?

(3) Since we have already put $900 down, my wife feels that if we can use the above-mentioned certificate, we should use this opportunity to try out a balcony cabin rather than an ocean view. I couldn't care less, as I love to wait for dinner in the Rendez-vous Lounge, and I love to lounge, and take photos etc. from the pool deck or the aft deck outside the cafe. We only use the room to sleep, change clothes etc. If you have tried both, what is your opinion?

Thanks in advance for your input. I count on fellow posters as much as I do the company and my TA for accurate information! :D Bill

Spearmint,

I can only speak from my personal situation and can only answer part of your question.

We booked the Infinity Hawaii cruise for 4/22 back in December, one itinerary change had been made before we booked and we did not get the credit (I understand completely), and then our itinerary changed again and we were offered a Shipboard Credit for that change (thank you Celebrity).

I was talking with Captain's Club yesterday and was told that the Shipboard credit would not apply until after we boarded and doesn't show on our pre-cruise accounting.

I would imagine the same would apply to your itinerary change credit.

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

To Spearmint

Di you know that there was a price reduction on the cruises to Hawaii for Oct 26th and Nov 9th 2007. Outside cabins and verandahs. This might help you with your decision.

I took advantage of this for our Nov 9th cruise on Tuesday.

Sherrill:)

I did not know that. Thanks. Bill

I have a few questions, so please bear with me.

Can anyone tell me which thread I should be searching for regarding changes to the on-board credit system? Or better yet, provide information on the changes.

Specifically, I want to change a booking made before the new system came into effect, from a 14- night Hawaii, to an 11-night Caribbean. Have not heard back from Celebrity on this.

(1) Do I still get the $200 credit as originally signed? My recall from reading the above-mentioned thread was that I would receive the original amount only if I do not change my itinerary, and would only receive $50 or $100 credit if I do change it. Prices for the second cruise would total about $2900 Canadian ( $2500 US?) according to the website.

I called Captain's Club today, and was told that the original $200 credit applies. The new versions apply only to new bookings. So, apparently it is better to telephone than to e-mail to get a response.

(2) Also, the new itinerary is one that has a savings certificate from the Captain's Club newsletter, which we have made use of previously. Has anyone used one of these certifcates in addition to an on-board credit i.e. does the company allow it?

Captain's Club savings certificates can be applied to cruises with on-board credits.

(3) Since we have already put $900 down, my wife feels that if we can use the above-mentioned certificate, we should use this opportunity to try out a balcony cabin rather than an ocean view. I couldn't care less, as I love to wait for dinner in the Rendez-vous Lounge, and I love to lounge, and take photos etc. from the pool deck or the aft deck outside the cafe. We only use the room to sleep, change clothes etc. If you have tried both, what is your opinion?

Thanks in advance for your input. I count on fellow posters as much as I do the company and my TA for accurate information! :D Bill

:):):):) Even though some posters indicated that they could not get information from Captain's Club, I cannot believe I did not call when I got poor responses to e-mails. What was I thinking? I would still like your opinions to question #3 though.

The #3 balcony question really is a matter of personal opinion, budget, and the amount of time that you would use it. We love balconies but decide on a case-by-case basis (usually get one unless the ship has sold out before we book). We do use ours a lot and love it even though we are out of the cabin a lot. We have the door open while we are in the room and sometimes even sleep with it open. But this mirrors our patterns at home as we eat outside and spent a lot of time enjoying our flower gardens. I just love fresh air and always have all the curtains open when we're home too, so I prefer natural light. If we don't book a balcony, we might as well stay in an inside for all the difference that it makes for us because outside just isn't anywhere near comparable to a balcony for us. If the price difference is huge, and it has been as much as $1,000 each to book a balcony on some of our sailings, we have to really think about it though.

Have a great trip,

Donna

The #3 balcony question really is a matter of personal opinion, budget, and the amount of time that you would use it. We love balconies but decide on a case-by-case basis (usually get one unless the ship has sold out before we book). We do use ours a lot and love it even though we are out of the cabin a lot. We have the door open while we are in the room and sometimes even sleep with it open. But this mirrors our patterns at home as we eat outside and spent a lot of time enjoying our flower gardens. I just love fresh air and always have all the curtains open when we're home too, so I prefer natural light. If we don't book a balcony, we might as well stay in an inside for all the difference that it makes for us because outside just isn't anywhere near comparable to a balcony for us. If the price difference is huge, and it has been as much as $1,000 each to book a balcony on some of our sailings, we have to really think about it though.

Have a great trip,

Donna

I appreciate your response; it helps a lot. Thanks. :) We neglected to think that the increased cost is for each of us and you helped out there. That will be the deciding factor for sure. I have always gotten help on these boards when I needed it. Aren't they great?

Bill

I appreciate your response; it helps a lot. Thanks. :) We neglected to think that the increased cost is for each of us and you helped out there. That will be the deciding factor for sure. I have always gotten help on these boards when I needed it. Aren't they great?

Bill

Yes, they are great. :) I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Donna

Archived