Info on choosing cruise.........

hello all ,looking for info on possible cruise in 08 as to which line to sail,we have looked into mariner of seas rccl, and carnival glory as two options.any input would be helpful as what likes and dislikes if any, anyone has on either cruise line.i will be sailing with wife and two children ages 12,8 at time of sailing.thanks in advance...wayne

Hello,

Some ideas for you...

A cruise in warmer weather will give your children more options to play outside on the ship such as swimming, basketball, ping pong and of course a cruise tradition - shuffle board.

Get then involved with the planning of the cruise and emphasize that a cruise is a special kind of a vacation, seeing new things, meeting new people. And that whining and being difficult is not allowed on cruises.

Based on my 17 cruises I would look at an RCCL cruise as this line has something for everyone, from children on up. Also, RCCL ships are competitively priced with occasionally, very good deals. You do not say where you are from, but an excellent way to reduce the cost of a cruise is to drive to your port of departure, saving the airfare. And on RCCL ships you will find a nice mix of people. Princess is another all purpose cruise line, that is, with something for everyone. In my opinion at least HAL is an outstanding cruise line but the food, service and entertainment are geared toward an affluent older group. Celebrity is another outstanding cruise line but the European ambiance is really for experienced travelers and less so for families with children.

Also suggest that you participate in at least one of the formal nights as there is really nothing to compare with seeing your children all dressed up and going to their first "grown up" party.

Hope that this helps.

Fred

We have cruised 26 times, first time on RCI we did Mariner OTS, we loved it so now have booked #4 for RCI. Really a great ship for families, a lot to do for the children and adults. Don't miis the ice skating shows!!:D

We've had great weather and seas in January-March

Hey, Might want to Take a look:)

2-27-08 - 8 Days on the Miracle, Carnival raised their prices and makes our CC group an even better value!

St Kitts, St Lucia, St . Martin...

Cruise 8 days for the price of 7--Join us NOW!!!

We just sailed with the Mariner. Its a lovely ship with a good crew and we found the price is good. My teenage daughter especially liked it (the promenade and other teen activities). You should, however, check the RCL area on this website...you'll probably get more information.

Archived