Boston to Cape Liberty

• 1 year later...
The books on this cruise only opened about a week ago, but a lot of people have already booked and prices have already risen about $200 since the books opened. We will be in San Juan during the evening (5pm to midnight) so heat shouldn't be a problem. In Aruba we have had a great time doing the Kukoo Kunuku pub crawl excursion. We have been in St. Thomas and St. Maarten so many times that we have to look hard to find new things to do or places to see. :)

Some local agencies have blocked group space so the early prices are still available in many cases. There are at least three or four Rockland couples who have booked the cruise, most of whom will also be with us next February on the Legend of the Seas out of Santo Domingo. I haven't added it to my signature line because we already have three future trips listed and I don't want the signature line to take up more space than the message itself. :D

Talk to your husband. The prices are pretty good and may not do much damage to the budget for your 25th anniversary celebration.

Hi....I chatted with you about this cruise well over a year ago. I have been looking for this info for awhile now. I see that this cruiase is out of NY and not Boston........so it was changed? Any info appreciated. Thanks

oops....sorry.......looked at Norweign Jewel....sorry

Hi veggie - we're still here, still going to D'Ann's often, but going to Players often, too. Still doing the Jewel repo this year (and already booked for next year), but are doing the Jewel TA this year in addition to the repo, the TA and repo next year. Guess Jewel is our favorite ship, and I don't mean the Norwegian Jewel:D (However, we are sneaking in a trip on the Norwegain Spirit out of Boston next year)

How are the plans for the anniverary cruise coming along?

Rita

Hi Rita

Guess you like cruising!! I wish I could say we have plans made, but we do not. Things are alittle up in the air with hubbys job......and I have not been working for a bit.

We were at Players briefly on Saturday night. We have been there 3 or 4 times. We left after one drink Saturday because I guess they no longer have the regular menu after 8pm. Kind of odd for a place just starting out. It was really slow in there also. We went to DAnns after we left.

Back to cruising....

I was hoping to find more options that left port from Boston, but there does not seem to be many choices. Dont really want to do a Maine/Canada itinery. The cruise on 10/28 doesnt seem too bad, but hubby is on vaca in September. Our 25th anniversary is in March......so I have been looking around that date. Something will pop up hopefully. Airfare right now is the killer.......ouch.

Have a great time on all your planned cruises.......wish I was going too!!!

Debbie :)

We had a similar experience at Players last week. Apparently the full menu is not offered on Mondays and so after a round of drinks, we left and ended up having a very good meal at D'Anns with our son and grandson.

Our TA on the Jewel is coming up soon and will be followed by the repo a little more than a month later. In the interim Jewel will be doing some Boston/Canada cruises and at least one Boston/Bermuda cruise, but will be drydocked on October 18th to have the new diesel generator repaired. All should be good by the time we sail on the repo.:)

We are meeting some Abington folks on the morning 28th of July at D'Anns. They will be sailing with us on the transatlantic and we are going to compare notes.:)

Archived