Carnival Cruising...

FONSIDONZI03

Are you asking what month we do the booking, or what month we cruise???

I book whenever the cruise is available, don't care about when... I generally have been booking for Jan/Feb and October... getting ready to be March and October.... I don't like cruising with a slew of kids, although I'm guessing that is going to change with the March cruises, LOL... either way, cruising with friends so no worries :D

Lately we try booking one cruise in Jan/Feb because it's a nice break from winter and it's not spring break. The first cruise is actually our Christmas gift to each other, one size fits all. Then a second cruise somewhere in May, also not spring break, and if it's the last week of May I get to call it our anniversary and her birthday cruise.

I book my cruise when I have the $$$ in my hand. I always sail the month of September for a couple of reasons. I can celebrate my Anniversary when I cruise in September and the rates are always lower in that month than the summer months.

So depending on your schedule that is when you book? I always thought there was a certain month that people book on because that is when you find the awesome deals?

There are cheaper times of year to cruise... peak hurricane season being one of them. There are higher times, summer, spring break, or anytime school is out. Some people don't have a choice as to when they cruise... some people book for when they have a set vacation time... it varies. It's not really the month you book it in, it's the time you cruise.

Anyone knows why I can't see the countdown clocks? Is it just me or the site period?

I see them fine, you probably have them turned off in your user profile... go to User CP above, and you can change it.

I have booked both of our cruises in Sept when Carnival has the 5 category upgrades. I have found this also to be the cheapest time for our late May early June cruises.

But, I'm going to have to change my strategy as dh said we will be going next Feb as he has started a new construction business and they are so darn busy in the summer.

I usually cruise in September. The main reason is that there are far fewer kiddies of all ages on board. I like to go when I'm pretty sure they've all just started their school year, and not much chance of parents taking them out of school at that time.

Don't get me wrong...I love kids; I even have some of my own as well as a grandson. I just prefer relaxing on a ship w/o having to see and hear kids all over the place.:)

Usually in May. Prices are lower and should not be too many school age children on board.

My wife is also a school teacher but luckily year round. They have time off at different times of the year. I will not cruise in the summer with a bunch of kids.

My group books a year in advance. Gives us a nice price (we do the all inclusive price, including tips) and 10 months to get it paid off. We cruise in January because that is when it's pretty missrible here in the snow belt and gets us out of the ice and snow. It's also the best time for our group to go. We're in between perfomance/practice seasons, so is a super break from the performances and craziness of "Country Lights" (the holiday festivle that runs for about 21 days in December) and before practices start late February for "Horse Fest" (a 2 day, all horse activity festivle).

We booked two years in advance this year because we were so excited from the Victory cruise we just got of that we couldn't wait a year to book. Paid off because we got the exact rooms we want. Now hopefully we'll be able to get some dicounts as they come in. :D

We usually book in March and cruise in July or August because we have 1 kid left in School and have to work around that.

But this year we booked on October, for our July cruise because we needed 4 cabins together and wanted to make sure we could get them. This is the farest out we have ever booked.

We usually cruise in the Spring (May) and the fall (Sept/Oct). We used to cruise alot in February, but I now prefer the fall sailings. We get a ton of snow and cruddy weather where we live, and I just find it harder and more complicated to leave on vacation in the dead of winter. Driving to the airport, coming home to a house that has 3 feet of snow in the driveway, cancelled flights, etc...

I love, love, love cruising in September!! The weather is perfect, seas are calm, great deals to be had. We take our "short" cruise in May, and it's a great way to kick off spring.

We're cruising in July for the first time ever this year. It will be interesting to see how summer cruising compares. :)

I usually cruise in the fall right after hurricane season. I try to book it in advance but I always here about these last minute deals but with Carnival it is pretty hard to find. They basically sell out all there cruise dates or if there is a couple cabins left they are always an arm and a leg to pay...

Living in FL, I'm sure you know this, but for the record and for those who don't know - hurricane season is June 1 - November 30. Of course, the worst on record were in August and September.

We cruise in January for a few reasons. First is the weather in CT is horrible in January and we love getting to a nice warm location. The second is that it is after the stress of the holidays. Third, it seems to be one of the cheapest times of year to cruise. Lastly, most kids are back in school by mid January and the ships seem less crowded. This year we are trying an early June cruise just to see how it is and the timing happened to be good.

As for booking the cruise, we just keep checking for good rates and book when the time is right.

Archived