Hello Everyone... Question about a family of 5??

amom2my3kids

Hi, we are also a family of 5. I know Disney has cabins for 5. alot of the other cruise ships have them but they always seem to be sold by the time we get around to looking. We are taking our kids this summer and have 2 balcony rooms next to each other. couldnt get adjoing but heard you can have the balcony partition removed. That way you can go in and out of the balcony doors. 3 summers ago we did an ocean view room with 2 inside cabins across from it. At that time our 4 kids were 17, 13, 11 and 8. (this summer our oldest won't be cruiseing with us so we are down to 5 :) ) They did really well and we had no issues with them not being in our room. Not sure if this info will help you but I do know they make cabins that sleep 5. Good luck, Marion:)

The Celebrity Galaxy has family suites that sleep 5. Apart from that, your best bet might be to look for deals and get connecting staterooms. That way you have two bathrooms and in most instances (for a typical 7 night cruise- you are going to pay the same as you would for the family suite).

For instance, spring break of 2005, I got connecting balcony staterooms on Norwegian Spirit for $ 750 per person for balcony cabins. If I had wanted to save money, I could have gotten two outsides or two inside connecting rooms.

We are a family of 5, which are 2 Adults and 3 Children (aged 7,5 and 1).

We are booked with Carnival Victory, next month. We have a room with 2twin beds (converts to king) and 2 upper bunks w/rails, that fold down. We will have a playpen for the 1yr old. We've paid 2 adult rates, and 3 child? rates. If we went with 2 rooms, we would have to pay the full rate for 2 people / room.

I'm a little concerned about the small space, but we have promised the kids we will only be in the room to change, and sleep. -Although 2 bathrooms would be nice!

The cabins on Carnival Victory are larger than some of the other cruise line cabins. Good luck to you. I go crazy with even three in a cabin. Unless you like picking up after everyone, I'd get two cabins. Not trying to spend your money for your but there will be alot of wet swimsuits, etc. Hope you have a balcony to air out the room with dirty diapers, etc.

We are a family of 5' date=' which are 2 Adults and 3 Children (aged 7,5 and 1).

We are booked with Carnival Victory, next month. We have a room with 2twin beds (converts to king) and 2 upper bunks w/rails, that fold down. We will have a playpen for the 1yr old. We've paid 2 adult rates, and 3 child? rates. If we went with 2 rooms, we would have to pay the full rate for 2 people / room.

I'm a little concerned about the small space, but we have promised the kids we will only be in the room to change, and sleep. -Although 2 bathrooms would be nice![/quote']

We've done 5 in a cabin on Victory - twice. Yes, it's tight, but it's doable. We have only one full bath at home, so it's not much of an adjustment for us. Some have also suggested using the showers in the gym if needed. Having the balcony was very helpful for us - DH and I could sit out there and read while the kids had some "down time" in the cabin before dinner.

We are in an AB suite on the NCL Dawn this August. This is 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms one with a Jacuzzi tub, balcony, living/dining area, and a butler. Over 500 sq. feet. This category on this ship fits 5. We found that it was cheaper to book this than connecting Balcony rooms. We also have more perks with the suite and we are all in the same space (one door to the suite from the hall).

In addition, our kids fares are considered 3rd and 4th passenger since it is the same room. When you book adjoining rooms it is full fare for the first 2 in each room.

The Carnival Elation allows 5 in a room. We booked an oceanview in January and it worked out well for us. It was cramped but we were not in the room too much. The older children (6 and 3) enjoyed the upper bunks and the baby (turned 2 in Feb) enjoyed a cot on the floor.

In our cabin, one of the upper bunks was over the king bed so we put the 3yo there in case she moved too much. There was no problem though! The children slept beautifully since they were so exhausted each night!

Perhaps you should just call the lines as ask what ships they have that can accomodate all of you and then narrow it down from there (looking at itineraries, date, etc).

Have fun!

Michele helped me decide on a Family Cabin (not a suite) on Carnival Triumph with my family this fall. I am sure she will send pics if you ask. The pics she posted won me over. I am so excited and not at all concerned about safety (will only have 2 adults and 2 four yr olds) but still I was worried about the balcony safety. I know safety is not the issue here, still that cabin is a bit larger, has the space for 5 to sleep and floor to ceiling windows. It is not as costly as a suite so I will ahve some $$$$ for the fun stuff.

In addition, our kids fares are considered 3rd and 4th passenger since it is the same room. When you book adjoining rooms it is full fare for the first 2 in each room.

When we booked our cruise fir this summer we booked 2 cabins (not adjoing) adn put 1 adult in each room. That way 2 of the kids were 3rd and 4th passangers fares. With 2 teenage girls we need the 2nd bathroom! :)

• 4 weeks later...

We are also a family of 5. We have 3 children (all age 5). On the first cruise we took with the kids we went RCCL, Explorer of the Seas and had no choice but to get 2 connecting cabins. It was very convenient but it did cost us alot extra.

We booked a Carnival, Victory cruise in November. This time we are traveling with my mom so we are getting 2 rooms again. However, they would book 5 in 1 room but the price was only about $600.00 difference for the extra room. (The 3rd and 4th passenger rates were not that much different then the 1st and 2nd passenger rates.

Having the second bathroom was worth the extra money not to mention that my kids could be in the other room (while the connecting door was open) while I was getting ready. It worked out great!

Was interested in getting more details on the Carnival Triumph family cabin (not suite) mentioned in previous posts. What is the set-up of beds and pricing? What is the maxium capacity? Is there only one bathroom?

We have 5-6 people cruising, one being my infant son and one my mother. Will they provide a playpen or is that something else I'll have to add to my packing list?

RCI has an outside family cabin and an inside family cabin. I was looking for pricing in mid march for 2 adults and 3 children. Rates were Outside: 1689 per adult and 499 per child. Inside was cheaper. The cabins slept at least 5, with two separate baths and rooms. Images are on the RC website. Hope this helps.

My inlaw's have 5 young children (2nd marriage for father-in-law) ages 10,8,6. They usually get a balcony room for them with an inside across the hall for the kids. It's worked out great so far and the price difference hasen't been much if anything.

Archived