Wine and Dine Anyone??? Adventure of the Seas

I am planning on getting a 12 bottle supply of wine for the cruise (Adventure of the Seas) for 3 of us (myself, brother-in-law, and father-in-law). We drink a lot of wine and are wondering if there is a limit to the amount of wine we can consume at dinner. We would probably have 2-3 bottles every dinner. I hope they can accomodate us. Please Advise.

Bob

Check out the wine lists first, to see if it is what you want to drink. We did a wine and dine package on our last cruise, as well as ordering (online) wine to be delivered to our cabin through RCI.

The price savings was fine, but we found the limitations on choices to be a bit frustrating. I think we had a choice of around 10-12 bottles on the wine and dine list, the waiter wouldn't alternate with the other pages (different price levels, we had chosen the highest level). On our next cruise, I think we'll just stick to ordering by the bottle.

They will bring you as many bottles as you choose to order, no problem there. My brother in law didn't make it to dinner a couple of nights, so they ended up with extra bottles at the end of the cruise. The waiter brought the bottles to the table and he took them home, a rather expensive way to buy wine!

I guess that's what makes us different, Kathy. We loved the Wine and Dine because it made us try different things. I agree that if you like particular things it's not for you but for us, it forced us to discover some new favorites.

Here is the list for the top package. There are 22 choices and for us, that's pretty good.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/pdf/Diamond_W&D_Selections.pdf

Question, If you purchase a 7 bottle package (platinum package) do you have to select 7 different wines, or can you select 2 of one wine, 3 of another etc; within your package level?

Thanks in advance

I think it is definitely worth it because most of the wines in the "Gold" package are more than the average cost per bottle when buying at bulk. I believe I read that you can have it at more places than just dinner. You can have it at formal lunch, Windjammer, and a few other places Champagne Bar. I am not positive but I know you can consume it outside of the dining room. I know that if you don't finish the bottle at dinner you can bring it to your room. How would I go about getting one of these bottles sent to the room???

Bob

The package is for the dining room, specialty rooms (Chops and Portofino) and the Windjammer. Some people report getting bottles through room sevrice and some don't. You are allowed to take bottles back to your room from the dining room and the unopened ones can go home with you.

Archived