Bug Spray

kapcruiser

Hi! I just got back from the Inspiration. I think it depends on what excursions you are taking. I used it when we went to Belize for the cave tubing. I'm glad I brought it. I still got bitten by something on the walk in the rainforest. I did not need it anywhere else. Hope this helps.

[b][color=darkslategray]Kap, if your sunscreen has bug repellent in it, and you USE it often, you probably won't have any problem. Last September, while at Chankanaab, I was fighting off flies like crazy, wishing I had a bug spray. Of course, they were MUCH worse while I was trying to sip on a margarita!:rolleyes: [/color][/b]

Guest Time2gocruzn
[b]Just a note about sunscreen w/ bug repelant in it....You have to be careful with it. Because you have to constantly reapply sunscreen for it to be effective, you are constantly reapplying the Deet also, which is NOT good. I don't know if you are using it for children or not but people (as in pediatricians and such) are saying it is NOT a good idea to use this stuff anymore. It is better to buy each product seperately. I have also heard that the sunscreen is not as effective in these formulations. Just a heads up :)[/b] !

Bug & Sun (or was it Sun & Bug) SPF 30 did a FINE job protecting my daughter as a sunscreen. She was in the water a lot, too. My other daughter, who used a different brand of sunscreen only (also SPF 30) (and who was at the same place for the same time) was burned just a little. I vote for the bug & sun. (or was it sun & bug?)
Connie

Just got back from the Glory (Western). We took bug stray but did'nt use it in any of the 4 ports. I agree that it may depend on the excursion you take. We found that we did not need it for any of ours......the Dune Buggy ride and beach (Costa Maya), jeep adventure and beach (Cozumel) , Cave Tubing (Belize) or in Chichen itza (Progresso)

Archived