Transportation in Venice from Port to Hotel

Our final port is Venice in 2 weeks on an Oceania cruise. We are then staying an extra night at the Danieli Hotel. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get from the port to our hotel for 4 people plus luggage. Thanks

We finished our cruise on the Prinsendam in Venice in 2004 and had to get to the Metropole Hotel which is nearly next door to the Danielli.

In the port building, where you collect your luggage, there was a desk where you could organize your transport. We chose to go by water taxi and the girl in charge of booking put us with another couple who were staying close by. That saved us a few Euros. We paid her and receive a ticket. We then took our luggage and ourselves outside to wait for the taxi with the other couple.

I think at the time it cost us around 60Euros for the water taxi to take our luggage and us to our hotel.

The only other way to get to the Danielli would be to take a taxi to Piazzale Roma and catch Vaporetto Number 1 to the hotel. This would mean trying to board a crowded Vaporetto with all your luggage. You may save money by doing this but for us, after being on a wonderful cruise going by water taxi was the only choice.

Jennie

Aussi Gal, Thanks for your prompt reply. Was it 60 Euro a couple or per person? Do you know of anywhere we can book transportation in advance?

Also waws in Melbourne last year when my son studied for a semester at University of Melbourne. What a great city!

roseleib,

The cost was 60Euros a couple. We also took the water taxi to the airport when we left a few days later. I think that was nearer 80Euros.

We are booked on Oceania's Nautica for next April. I hope you enjoy your 2 weeks cruise. We are so looking forward to trying Oceania for the first time.

Thanks for the compliment regarding Melbourne. We think it is a great place to live. Our son's old alma mater is the University of Melbourne!

Jennie

Have you tried contacting the concierge at your hotel? We are staying at the Westin Europa Regina and I emailed them directly about transport from the port to the hotel. They will arrange to have someone pick us up in a watertaxi, if we desire. You know, like having a driver meet you at the airport, where the guy stands there with your name on a sign?? However, it was VERY expensive !! I'm glad to know we can arrange a water taxi ourselves once we get there. It will be cheaper than having the hotel do it and I'm sure much less hassle than trying to go the Vaporetta route. Let us know what you do and how it went. MG

Last October the water taxi was 90 Euros to go airport to hotel and hotel to port. It is a fantastic ride and the best way to get all of your luggage and you to the hotel.

It's worth every penny. Your hotel can arrange it for you.

Archived