Staying at the Ramada Ft Lauderdale Airport/ Cruise Port

Shawns6t6gto

My wife and I are flying in to Ft Lauderdale on May 5th from Alberta Canada. We have seen mixed reviews on this hotel from exelent to terribal. All I want is a clean room. We arrive at 7 pm the day before the cruise. Is there ant shopping and good resturants close by.

Thanks

Shawn & Tammy

My wife and I are flying in to Ft Lauderdale on May 5th from Alberta Canada. We have seen mixed reviews on this hotel from exelent to terribal. All I want is a clean room. We arrive at 7 pm the day before the cruise. Is there ant shopping and good resturants close by.

Thanks

Shawn & Tammy

We stayed at this hotel 3 years ago and it was filthy with a capital 'F'. But I've heard the hotel has changed hands with new management.....I hope this is true.

When we were there (3 years ago is a long time and things do change), our room door didn't lock, beds smelled of urine and the shower didn't work except for a trickle of cold water. My husband stayed up most of the night because the door kept coming open and no one from the hotel would come to the room to fix it.

I know if you take a cab you can find plenty of restaurants close by. We walked to the end of the street....happened to end at a small marina. There was a decent restaurant on the water....pretty good food. We really couldn't tell it was there from the street, but were out exploring and found it. The hotel manager at that time was no help what so ever.

There was a restaurant in the hotel....we just had breakfast there and it was really bad.....scrambled eggs and toast - $10.00

Even though the hotel was awful, we had a great time because it was our first cruise and absolutely nothing could spoil it. :p

We book hotels through Priceline - at Ft Lauderdale we request a 4-star by the Airport and have always been very pleased. IN fact, we do this with all our cruises. We usually get in late afternoon and eat in the Hotel. Last thing on my mind after travelling is finding a place to shop. Great thing at Ft Lauderdale is you can see the port from the airport so it's easy to get to.

Blessings

Hi There,

Stayed there in January, we had two beds, we were tried so just went to sleep,

in the morning in day light I had been bitten blood was still dripping from back plus a few bites on legs,

when I saw the bits in my bed I felt sick, would not let a dog sleep in such a mess, other bed had clean sheets.

Carpets do not walk on them they move ants were coming in at the door,

Do not eat at the breakfast as it is open and far to many hands have been in your food.

Good points very good TV system, they store your bags, staff try and help, good shuttle bus service, loads of hot water. Hundreds of other folk to talk to about cruises.

When we left loads of folk going on QM2 wewre staying there and boy were they unhappy that they had been put in this hotel.

It is cheap it is not nice but it is trying but has a very long way to go, would I stay there again only if I had to but I would check the beds out, and go around the room with a tourch if anything moved I would to , to another hotel.

No place close buy to eat, no shops,

We went to Saw Grass mall and had a great time.

yours Shogun

We stayed there in March for 1 night before our cruise. We found it to be a good price with a decent room and breakfast. It was what we expected, nothing elaborate but serviceable. We even had guests (see attachment). The only problem was the location. There was nothing near it. We took a cab to and from Fort Lauderdale where we walked up and down Los Olas. I'm not sure I'd stay there again because of the location. If there was a shopping area nearby or something else close I would definintely stay there again.

Shelly

image005.jpg.ac1da053d68549a0c42940034ca0cbaa.jpg

We stayed there 2 years ago and will never stay there again. It is in a bad location with no place to walk to eat or shop. Go to one of the other hotels like AmeiSuites, Sleep Inn, Dania, Holiday Inn, Convention Center, or Extended Stay. All are located on or near the 17 St causway close to the cruise terminal and in a great location to find food and shopping within walking distance. We are trying the Comfort Suites for our Nov cruise. This will be new so we shall see how it is.

We stayed there last November, and are booked in for this coming November.

The main reason was the price, and what you get for it, the complete package. We got picked up at the airport, the room was clean, but a bit old looking. We ate dinner in the restaurant (not included in the price, but was reasonable). The included breakfast selection was surprisingly substantial, and seemed fine to us. Then we got transportation to our ship (also included). It is no 5 star resort, but for a place to stay the night before your cruise, we were not able to match it. We did not see any of the problems that the others have mentioned.

The only down side would be the fact that there is no shopping / food within walking distance, in fact, you must take a cab to get anywhere as the freeway ramps block any walking to the east.

You get what you pay for, but if you are looking for a place to stay for one night, it will meet your needs, as you can see, it was fine for us the first time, we are using it again.

(ps, we are also from Alberta too)

Wow.... What interesting reviews.. I just stayed at this hotel 2 weeks ago and found almost none of what the others have reported. There was 6 of us in 2 rooms. They were clean, good tv, excellent water pressure/massage shower head, hot water. The beds were clean as were the linens. They have a pool there and the area around it is groomed like a tropical paradise. It also has a tiki hut with a bar during the day. There is a restaurant on the premises. Food was very good and we paid for it. But they do have a complimentary breakfast buffet which had several selections and good food. They provide a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the dock. It wasn't the Hilton or the Ritz but it was clean for us and comfortable. My only complaint was no elevator. We had 1 member of the group in a wheelchair and luckily we were on the ground floor. And there is nothing to walk to in the area. In fact, the staff told me not to walk as it wasn't safe for a woman to walk down the streets... So you'll have to decide. It was fine for a pre-stay. No problems.

Also, in 2005 I used the Marriott through Princess for that cruise pre-stay. So you may want to check that out online or in your cruise book. No restaurant on the premises but within walking distance of a restaurant and little strip mall.

Archived