Millenium & Constellation Drydocks

seawise

Has anyone any technical information regarding the drydocking of these ships at Aker, Brest to install new Generators?

Regards

Chris

:) Hi,

That's almsot 100% accurate. RCCL is actually having auxilliary diesel engines installed on all ==x==" M " class ships, in turn, to supplement the gaz turbines units ; after that, the RCL's Radiance class will get the same treatment.

While in drydock for 13 days ,( approx), each will also have, ( or so the information goes....) ''re-engineered // rebuilt // re-designed '' ( pick one...) radial thrust bearings for the mermaid pods....It is understood that this may be THE fix that finally ends the sad ''pods'' scenario that has plagued "M" class ships from day one....

And of course, while out of service and water for this long, you can bet a lot of maintenance and upgrading will take place in hotel // softgood//hardgoods areas...

Cheers

;)

I knew that the CONNIE was going into drydock as several of us were considering the longer Baltic cruise on her following our Century cruise in July, but Celebrity did something which I consider really stupid—i.e. they chartered the ship for 7 days to an extremely rowdy, party-oriented group IMMEDIATELY following the drydock, which means the crew is likely to be shall we say, EXHAUSTED, following that charter. So....the CONNIE is out for awhile.

Therefore, to read the MILLIE will be going into drydock sounds great, if the work is to be completed before we want to sail on her and she is not chartered out following the drydock and before we get to sail on her.

Any more details? Thanks to all who reply.

I thought I had read that the Constellation is being dry-docked some time this month. I am hoping that the bedding will be replaced at that time. If anyone knows for certain, I would love to hear from you.

We are scheduled to sail on the Constellation on June 30th out of Dover and ending up in Copenhagen. We disembark on July 14th. It appears that the Constellation is chartered for a week and then picks up its regular Baltic schedule on July 21st again. I have not heard anything about the group that has it chartered.

I believe the O.P. refered to them as a "roudy" group. I can confirm that the drydock is not immediately before the charter, (unless there is something I don't know!!) as my family will be on that sailing.

I would imagine that any drydock would take place in between the Caribbean and European season.

Any specific information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nancy

I need to make a correction. It was gillianrose who refered to the charter being immediately after dry-dock, not the original poster.

Anyway, gillianrose you may want to re-consider as I believe that drydock is this month and not in July (unless our sailing as be cancelled unbeknowest to us).

Thanks,

Nancy

gillianrose -

I would love to hear about this "rowdy" group that has chartered the Constellation for 7 days this summer. In taking a look at the schedule, the only 7 day charter I see is the one I am booked on with Atlantis Events July 14-21. Is that the group you are referencing?

we have friends on the Connie TA right now today she is in Cork, then Dublin, Falmouth and leHavre. Arrives in Southampton on April 25, disembarks passengers and crosses the Channel for drydocking in Brest. The captain is very excited because his home is just a few miles from Brest in Normandy. They have had great weather on the crossing, now beginning to cool off and they expect the weather to detiorate some over the next few days before S'ampton:)

we have friends on the Connie TA right now today she is in Cork, then Dublin, Falmouth and leHavre. Arrives in Southampton on April 25, disembarks passengers and crosses the Channel for drydocking in Brest. The captain is very excited because his home is just a few miles from Brest in Normandy. They have had great weather on the crossing, now beginning to cool off and they expect the weather to detiorate some over the next few days before S'ampton:)

Hi,

Things are a little different..... the ship drops off passengers in Southampton on 25th, then picks us up for a 5 night cruise calling at Guernsey, Cork and Dublin. Afrer we get off on 30th she goes into dry dock in France for the fitting of her new Diesel aux generator (for use in port)

Ian :D

Hi,

I have just heard from someone who visited Millennium yesterday and they said the 'hole' between the rendez-vous lounge and the martini bar has not been filled in, as it was on Infinity during her refit. I am not sure id it was done on Infinity as a trial? I did hear a lot of carpet and water piping was replaced tho (wonder if this was 'black' water piping?) Also the decking arounf the pool has been replaced with an imitation teak? finish, the same as on Century.

Hope this helps

Ian :D

See you are on-line and hope you read this.

You can see the ship rightnow (for about 15 more minutes) at the webcam of the port in Amsterdam.

http://www.kroooz-cams.com/europeindex.html

Click on Amsterdam and you see the ship at the distance at the cruise-terminal. It will sail and pass the webcam, so it will come closer!

Unless I am mistaken, I thought that the Bar at the End of the Earth was to be removed now that Cirque del Soliel is no longer on the Connie? This is a beautiful room that gets a lot of use in the day time on sea days since the views are spectular! Before the change, some of the buffets were held there in the evenings.

MARAPRINCE

Unless I am mistaken, I thought that the Bar at the End of the Earth was to be removed now that Cirque del Soliel is no longer on the Connie? This is a beautiful room that gets a lot of use in the day time on sea days since the views are spectacular! Before the change, some of the buffets were held there in the evenings.

MARAPRINCE

Archived