St. Maarten Sightseeing tours

Golflover450

Hello All:

We are cruising on the Glory 04/28/2007 and have not been to St. Thomas or St. Maarten before. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions regarding sightseeing tours either offered by CC or private ones. Thanks in advance. We are really looking forward to the eastern carib :)

Golflover

Fantasy 04/92

Fantasy 04/94

Glory 04/07 (7 days and counting!!!!!!!!!)

There is a ton of shopping right where the ship docks, so we just did that when the tour was over. Also the bus will did drop some people off in town which is only a 15 minute walk back to the ship

Also, we never did a sitesee in St Thomas but there is plenty of shopping there also

We're on the same cruise! We decided to go with a local tour company. For $25 it includes a tour of the island, some shopping and beach time. We hope to visit Orient Beach while we're there but Maho Beach would also be neat if the planes are landing.

We booked a shore excusion through carnival called Beach Break. We had a great time! We took a fully narrated tour through the mountains of St Maarten on the Dutch side. We ended up at Mullet Bay. We had unlimited rum punch and ribs! Sigh. To be back in St Maarten! The locals are fantastic! This is my favorite island of all.

Thanks all for the information. Piphigoddess was your private tour on St. Thomas or St. Marartin? W'ere (actually the wife is :) ) is still debating which tours etc. I wanted them booked last week but nothing like waiting til the last minute..lol.... well at least my toothbrush is packed... :)

Thanks all for the information. Piphigoddess was your private tour on St. Thomas or St. Marartin? W'ere (actually the wife is :) ) is still debating which tours etc. I wanted them booked last week but nothing like waiting til the last minute..lol.... well at least my toothbrush is packed... :)

We did a tour with Bernard on St. Maarten.. tour of the island.. went to Maho Beach saw some planes then to the french side for lunch.. then to Orient Beach for a couple of hours.. he would have let us go shopping but the other couple and ourselves were not interested in shopping.;) Not bad for $25pp

St. Thomas we did the Godfrey tour.. again siteseeing.. shopping and beach time.. all for 25pp (not sure if the price has increased as this tour was last March 06)

We did a tour and beach excursion with lunch with Royal Caribbean. 30 minutes into the tour we stopped for an hour for shopping in an outdoor market. Back on the bus and then we stopped at the beach. The lunch was good but there were dogs hanging all around the outdoor restaurant. The water was so rough that only 2 of our 6 person group were able to even get in the ocean. It was supposed to be Orient Beach but it was down at the far end. Buyer beware!

We were just in St Martin on Thursday 4-19 and had a tour with Bernard and he was Great! It happened that we were the only ones booked with him for that day, so we were able to have a private tour. He will take you wherever you want, generally 2 hours sightseeing, 2 shopping, and 2 beach time. Definitely recommend and a great deal for $30pp. He was waiting for us at the pier and was always on time to pick us up from stops.

We were just in St Martin on Thursday 4-19 and had a tour with Bernard and he was Great! It happened that we were the only ones booked with him for that day, so we were able to have a private tour. He will take you wherever you want, generally 2 hours sightseeing, 2 shopping, and 2 beach time. Definitely recommend and a great deal for $30pp. He was waiting for us at the pier and was always on time to pick us up from stops.

Hello Sugarhill..

Thank you for the update and information.Does Barnard have a web site...Thought I had seen one on here , nut have searched thru several and mot located one for St. Maarten... Thanks in advance...

4 Days and Counting :D

Hello Sugarhill..

Thank you for the update and information.Does Barnard have a web site...Thought I had seen one on here , nut have searched thru several and mot located one for St. Maarten... Thanks in advance...

4 Days and Counting :D

I beleive this is the link http://www.sxmtours.com/ I booked our tour with them due to reviews on this board and the confirmation email was signed bernard. I will check back to see if you took him and how it was, our cruise is not till june. We also booked a recommended tour in st thomas which seems reasonable, the link is http://godfreytoursvi.com/ but I cannot personally rec either since we have been to these islands before.

I beleive this is the link http://www.sxmtours.com/ I booked our tour with them due to reviews on this board and the confirmation email was signed bernard. I will check back to see if you took him and how it was, our cruise is not till june. We also booked a recommended tour in st thomas which seems reasonable, the link is http://godfreytoursvi.com/ but I cannot personally rec either since we have been to these islands before.

We're on the same sailing as you are and these are the tours we're booked on: SXM/Bernard in St. Maarten and Godfrey in St. Thomas. Both tours have shopping, sightseeing and a beach break. If you book, DH and I will see you there.;)

We're on the same sailing as you are and these are the tours we're booked on: SXM/Bernard in St. Maarten and Godfrey in St. Thomas. Both tours have shopping, sightseeing and a beach break. If you book, DH and I will see you there.;)

Morning piphigoddess:

I guess she booked Bobby Flamon? on St. thomas for a tour at 25.00 each.. least that was the phone call she got thru to me.. I was in the middle of a lockdown drill and couldn;t talk... I'lll check on the SXM tour and guess we can compare notes on the St. Thomas one..lol...:D

Piphigoddess I am just awaiting a morning email to confirm my party of 4 (myself, wife, sister in law, brother in law) for Bernard's tour on St. Martin. Hopefully he did not fill up overnight...

2 more tours.....:(

3 more days.........:D

Piphigoddess I am just awaiting a morning email to confirm my party of 4 (myself, wife, sister in law, brother in law) for Bernard's tour on St. Martin. Hopefully he did not fill up overnight...

2 more tours.....:(

3 more days.........:D

We;re all set. We are booked with Bernard for St. Martin. Was the last peice of the puzzle trip and now I can relax :)

1 more tour......:eek:

2 More days..... :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to pass along to everyone that Bernard was a fantastic tour guide. We had an amazing time. He was on time, professional, and supplied beer and beverages. He was extemely flexible as our group changed plans a few times. I had 3 other people in my group and 4 other couples were in the van with us. We saw several beaches, sites and still had enough time for shopping. Everyone should feel comfortable booking with Bernard..

** Goddess were you sitting in the first row of the Van?

Golflover

Archived