Destiny Cabin Question..Riviera

Buffalo618

Just got my cabin assignment. It is on the Riveria deck smack in the middle by the elevators. Is that good? I thought we'd get an upgrade, but it appears to be the lowest floor for rooms. Should I freak out and complain or is it a bad area?

Thanks.

I didn't book a guarantee. We booked and the CVP said we'd be getting upgrades. If I am currently on the lowest floors for rooms, then where would I be had I not received an upgrade?

There is no lower floor to go.

The only way to get an upgrade is to book a guar, sounds like you got some bad info. When you booked didnt you get a room number at that time?

Are you in oceanview cabins?

I guess I didn't get a guarantee. The Carnival lady told me we could NOT pick a room or we wouldn't be eligible for any upgrades. So, we locked in at a certain price and she said we'd most likely be getting upgrades. I wanted to pick cabins, because there are 3 couples going and I wanted to make sure we were all close together...but she recommended that we not.

Did I get screwed?

Is the Riveria deck bad? We just have Ocean View rooms. No balcony. We told her we didn't want to upgrade to a balcony room (one of the girls going was scared her husband would fall overboard).

Maybe there are no other Oceanview rooms without balconies.

Keep in mind...EVERY room on a cruise ship...is a good room! Someone is worried about balconies...and falling overboard...then okay...stick with the ocean view room. You didn't get screwed...you got what you booked...don't expect upgrades...they are nice when they happen...but don't expect them! You guys will have a GREAT, GREAT time...your rooms are fine!

A Guarantee booking means you are guaranteed at least the minimum cabin you booked at without booking a specific room. The pluses are you save a little money and there is a possibility of an upgrade. The negatives are you have no control where you are placed, and those counting on an upgrade may be disappointed.

Based on your description, you booked an OV guarantee.

Keep in mind...EVERY room on a cruise ship...is a good room! Someone is worried about balconies...and falling overboard...then okay...stick with the ocean view room. You didn't get screwed...you got what you booked...don't expect upgrades...they are nice when they happen...but don't expect them! You guys will have a GREAT, GREAT time...your rooms are fine!

I agree....OV rooms on the Riveria are GREAT! They are plenty big - have the great window with an excellent view of the water :D .

I am a little surprised that the Carnival rep would tell then to expect an upgrade :eek: . That is just bad....:( .....rule #1 don not go in to a guarantee expecting to be upgraded :cool: . Reserve the cabin or category that you want and then if you get an upgrade it is a bonus.

Archived