Should we use locks

Breezybreeze

Once when we picked up our luggage off the carousel one of the bags was partially unzipped! That is what I want to use the pipe cleaners for. To make sure this does not happen again. I just hope the airline replaces them after they inspect my luggage.

TSA will not replace your pipecleaners.. only TSA approved locks

When TSA cuts off my zip ties for inspection, they put another one on )just not a color one like I use, they use white)

Venture, do the self-release ties work as good? i mean have you ever had any come loose before?

I have never had a problem with them. They hold plenty tight. Mine are about 2 years old now, and have seen a lot of travel, having to take them off and put them back on a bazillion times. Never had an issue.

Even the TSA must like them and be familiar with them as they have searched my bags before with the self release zip-ties on. After they finished searching my bags, they placed a note in the luggage and replaced my same zip-ties.

It says right in my Cruise Docs to bring "locked" luggage. Zip Ties are great. You can use the extras for zip tying your towel to a pool chair for the whole day while you are out enjoying the ship! :) (don't flame me it was a joke)

I really hate it that you can't lock luggage at the airports anymore. :(

I believe you can lock it if your locks are TSA approved.

I found sewing together golf towels makes it easier to zip tie to the chair since it already has the grommet in the towel (Just kidding all) :D

Lynn

Thanks hstrybuff, I did check out Carnival Website, though I didn't find anything about using locks, I did find that you can bring scissors. They can not be over 4 inches in length. So if I want to use the zip-ties, the scissors would be easier to cut the zip-ties off. Great ideas everyone, since this is our first cruise (and we never fly anywhere) I would never thought it would be hard to find my luggage at the end of my cruise. Now to find something bright to tie on my bags. LOL:D

I use Lox on my bagels all the time.

Oh wait, you meant locks.

Generally, we don't use them. I figure if the TSA has keys to them, that means the keys are most likely everywhere so what is the point. But since you are driving, I would go ahead and lock them if it would give you some peace of mind.

In the welcome aboard pamphlet on page 17 under baggage advice.......it states, please be sure each piece of baggage is locked and has a tag with your name and stateroom number.

I use Lox on my bagels all the time.

Oh wait, you meant locks.

Generally, we don't use them. I figure if the TSA has keys to them, that means the keys are most likely everywhere so what is the point. But since you are driving, I would go ahead and lock them if it would give you some peace of mind.

Why would you put liquid oxygen on a bagel? :p

I look at it this way, locks zipties or anything are next to useless for keeping out a real thief. But if one is missing when I get my luggage it sends up a big red flag for me.

I believe you can lock it if your locks are TSA approved.

I found sewing together golf towels makes it easier to zip tie to the chair since it already has the grommet in the towel (Just kidding all) :D

Lynn

ROTFLMAO!!!

LOVE THE GOLF TOWEL IDEA...hehehehehe:p

Archived