Carnival Holiday

twoliter

Does anyone have any stories, suggestions, tips, secrets, reviews, etc. they would like to share about the Holiday? I'm going in just under a 11 months, but my wife and I just decided to go a week or so ago so that's all I can think about.

We've been on only one other cruise, Rhapsody of the Seas out of Galveston, so we're newcomers to Carnival, and cruising in general really. So if there are any reviews of Carnival as a whole compared to Royal Caribbean, I'd appreciate that, too.

We're going to Cozumel, our favorite place from the first cruise (our of Jamaica and Grand Cayman) so any excursion ideas would be helpful. We did the cooking class (or whatever it's called) last time and loved it.

Thanks.

If you use the search function, you will find several recent posts about the Holiday. Always remember to take everything with a grain of salt. What is enjoyable for one might not be for another.

The Holiday is smaller ship. It does have a small vibration problem. Nothing major, more pronounced in the aft areas. For us, we enjoy her as the crew is one of things that makes her special. Because of the smaller passenger loading, they are not as stressed.

For Cozumel, check out the boards and http://www.cozumelinsider.com We scuba dive so that is a must do in Cozumel. If you rent a car, make sure you get full coverage with ZERO deductable. It saved me big dollars after we had an accident. For excursions, it would help if you stated if you are looking for water related or land related.

Dave

If you use the search function, you will find several recent posts about the Holiday. Always remember to take everything with a grain of salt. What is enjoyable for one might not be for another.

The Holiday is smaller ship. It does have a small vibration problem. Nothing major, more pronounced in the aft areas. For us, we enjoy her as the crew is one of things that makes her special. Because of the smaller passenger loading, they are not as stressed.

For Cozumel, check out the boards and www.cozumelinsider.com We scuba dive so that is a must do in Cozumel. If you rent a car, make sure you get full coverage with ZERO deductable. It saved me big dollars after we had an accident. For excursions, it would help if you stated if you are looking for water related or land related.

Dave

Alright, Dave...from time to time I hear ppl mention the "vibration problem" on the Holiday. How bad is it actually? I have booked an IS guarantee. If I am assigned an aft stateroom is the vibrating something I'm going to constantly notice or is it easily disregarded after an initial adjustment period? Would items placed on the countertops in my stateroom dance around? I really don't think the vibration could bother me, but I'm just trying to get a feel for the extent of the problem.

Alright, Dave...from time to time I hear ppl mention the "vibration problem" on the Holiday. How bad is it actually? I have booked an IS guarantee. If I am assigned an aft stateroom is the vibrating something I'm going to constantly notice or is it easily disregarded after an initial adjustment period? Would items placed on the countertops in my stateroom dance around? I really don't think the vibration could bother me, but I'm just trying to get a feel for the extent of the problem.

It is sort like a shudder that ebbs and flows. It will shake a glass on the table at times. For me, it didnt take long to get used to. Sort of vibrates you to sleep.

Dave

Archived