Few Questions about the Pride

BIGDADDY2587

hey most likely goin on Pride August 26th

7 day mex

few questions i had

first, is it better to book through websites such as travelocity,

or travel agents, or directly through carnival?

second, i know it sounds dumb, but would you recommend port side or starboard side for this one?

third, is it a good idea to go with an ocean view garuntee? do we have a good shot of being bumped up? or since this is a summer cruise its gonna be packed?

thanks alot for the help

First a disclaimer - My Pride trip is in early September, so most of my answers come from info I have picked up here, rather than personal experience. This will be my third cruise. DW & I are in our 50's, with no kids at home.

I've checked all the sites, compared, etc. My best prices have been through a Carnival PVP. Never a problem, but that can depend on the PVP you get. A new one is not as good as someone who has been there for a while, just like a travel agent.

Side of the ship only matters when docked, and ships seem to pull in and dock from either side depending on winds and tides. I'm booked for starboard on this trip, so we are watching sunsets as we cruse out and sunrises as we cruise home.

Guarentees often mean upgrades, but you can't count on them. Often the upgrade is within category, meaning oceanview to oceanview, just on a higher deck. Balconys are is short prime real estate - if you want one on a summer cruise, I'd book one.

Since this will be late summer week, I'll bet you have a few children on board. That's one reason I always go in September, the kids are back in school.

Enjoy your trip, and write a review. Then I'll know what to expect.

Skiorcruise

Ski when the powder's deep,

Cruise when it melts,

Work like a dog to pay for it all.

Its nice to see a fellow Utah native on the boards, I have sailed on the Pride once before and am currently booked for the Oct 28 sailing, this will be our 3rd time going to Mexico on this itinerary I have loved it more and more each time we go the Pride is wonderful!

Have a great time and feel free to ask any questions, I'll answer what I can its been a few years since I was last on board best wishes,

Josh:D

P.s. for the O.P i always book with my P.V.P shes great and thats how I have found my best deals also. as for the cabin we booked a balcony guaranty last time and are now hooked:D. as for the port or starboard side question that I think is just a matter of opinion.

We will be on the Pride over Labor Day. I can't wait. This will be my first time on a Spirit Class.

Any suggestions on excursions?

SkiorCruise

Well it all depends on what you like, we always go on the tequila factory tour but I'm not sure it the same now. The first time we went we took it and found a great tequila but I think the have since changed the factory's visited. Last time we also went on a tour that stopped at a glass blowing factory. I really enjoyed that stop they have a gift shop and it has a huge variety of items inside, we got a few things our selfs. there are so many things to do in port its hard to recommend anything. I have never been disappointed at any of them. We always do the carnival ones just for the simple fact you don't have to worry about missing the ship:D . If you have any specific ones your loking at I can try to give you anyinfo I have on them. Feel free to ask any questions you have I may not know everything but what I know I would be more than happy to pass on to you.

Have a great time and hope to hear from you again soon,

Josh

got a few more for you pros

1) do rooms have safes in them? if so are they free?

cuzz we were on the monarch and they had no safes

2) is there a basketball court? or what other type of sports do they have aboard?

thanks again for the help

got a few more for you pros

1) do rooms have safes in them? if so are they free?

cuzz we were on the monarch and they had no safes

2) is there a basketball court? or what other type of sports do they have aboard?

thanks again for the help

1) Yes they have safes that use any card with a swipe strip on them, most people advise not to use the S&S card and to use a blank gift card or something of that sort, I used a credit card the few times i actually used the thing.

2) I do belive there is a basketball court on the Pride its on the forward section of the ship if memory serves. in the center of the jogging track on the sports deck:D

I'm wondering if there is a golf simulator on the Pride....and Hello to the other two Utahan's on here!!

I am sailing the Pride on Oct. 21st...with 8 other people from around my neighborhood...

Hello Neverpar! nice to see another utahan:cool: ! as far as I can remember there was no golf sim on the ship, but it has been awhile since last I was on her so it may have changed.:D

Thanks for the quick reply.....it's really great to finally see some other people from Utah posting...LOL...I see you are from Riverton....I am a little (well a lot) North of you, up by Ogden...

Have you ever cruised the Mexican Riviera in October? Just wondering what the weather will be like in Long Beach and the day of sailing.....

Thanks for the quick reply.....it's really great to finally see some other people from Utah posting...LOL...I see you are from Riverton....I am a little (well a lot) North of you, up by Ogden...

Have you ever cruised the Mexican Riviera in October? Just wondering what the weather will be like in Long Beach and the day of sailing.....

Yea Ogden is just a bit more than a little LOL..... and yes the last time we were on the pride it was in Oct over halloween the same time we have booked now we will be leaving the sat befor wich is the 27 oct. and when we were in long beach last cruise it was a little windy but the weather was nice I had pants on as it was cold here and when we landed I wished I had worn shorts. Esp while waiting in line for embarcation:rolleyes: it took a while to board but we didnt get to the terminal as early as i had hoped.:(

Do you have any good suggestions on where to stay, we are flying in the day before also. On the 20th...we are looking at the Comfort Inn & Suites.. don't want to pay an arm and leg for one night stay..LOL

Also any good ideas for dinner?? Questions questions...

Thanks again for your input!

Weather will probably be ok in Long Beach....but Sept. in Mexico be prepared for hot HUMID weather. I would suggest lots of cool cotton clothes! For the person asking about excursions...I did the Sunset Pirate Cruise in Puerto Vallarta and an excursion in Mazatlan where we saw the Paplanta Flyers, shopping and then to a beach resort for relaxing and lunch. Follow the link in my signature to my Pride website to learn more about these 2 excursions.

Do you have any good suggestions on where to stay, we are flying in the day before also. On the 20th...we are looking at the Comfort Inn & Suites.. don't want to pay an arm and leg for one night stay..LOL

Also any good ideas for dinner?? Questions questions...

Thanks again for your input!

As for where to stay we are going to stay on the queen marry because its at the terminal and we can get up and see her come intop port and what not. and we will be right there for embarcation we hope to be the first ones on!:D dinner i cant help you with as i dont know the area well.

As for where to stay we are going to stay on the queen marry because its at the terminal and we can get up and see her come intop port and what not. and we will be right there for embarcation we hope to be the first ones on!:D dinner i cant help you with as i dont know the area well.

Well we will have to wave at you when we get off the ship! LOL

Archived