need advice

Fairyduster

I'm going to be in St Martin in June..I tried to book a private tour but everybody was booked. I booked a 5PM ride at Bayside stables but was trying to figure out what to do in the meantime. I really wanted to go for a hike a loterie farm and maybe see the butterfly farm. The ships tours do one or the other. I was thinking about just taking a taxi to do both but I read that there aren't taxi's that wait at either stop. Am I wrong? Any advice on what to do?

We were just in St Martin on Thursday and for your situation, I would suggest renting a car. It is very easy to get around the island and the rental cars are plentiful and affordable. You can establish a reservation now online to pick up at the pier.. just do a little research online to find the companies..

We toured the island with Bernard (SXM tours) and he was GREAT! We were lucky enough that we were the only ones booked with him that day, so we were able to have a private tour and go wherever we wanted, for however long we wanted. Enjoy it!

Driving can be a true agony in St Martin when the ships are in....Most taxi's will set a time to come back to pick you up. Schedule a roundtrip and don't give the full payment till you are returned.

If you do rent a car remember that on the islands, stop signs are just a suggestion...if you hear a honk, that car is not planning on heading that suggestion.:eek:

Archived