El Morro

Herenks

Is the fort open on Sundays? Is it worth going? I have been to San Juan once before and did the Bacardi tour. I will be there for day and a half before our ship leaves this time. Any reccommendations?

Good question! I don't definitely know that this NP will be open on Sundays, but most other NP's are open 7 days a week (Yellowstone, Yosemite, etc), so I'm assuming this one will be open also.

Is it worth it? I think so- very interesting, as was San Cristobal; both can be easily seen on one day- the walk between the two forts isn't bad or wait for the free shuttle.

Here's an interesting link (that will lead you to other links):

Click here: San Juan Piers and Hotel Aerial and FAQs

You also might just enjoy walking around OSJ (and shopping- although many stores will be closed on Sunday). Or since you have a whole day- maybe the rainforest?

:) Yes El Morro is open on Sundays....It is a big day for the people to fly kites. It is unbelievable the number of kites flying all at once. We enjoyed seeing El Morro and really enjoyed doing the trail along the water at the base of the fort. FYI the walk ends and you have to go back to the gate...there is no access to get up to the fort from the El Morro walk.

We did the walk at night...they have it all lit up and it is really cool.

We didn't find that many shops were closed on Sunday. But did notice that the streets cleared out earlier on Sunday night.

Archived