First Timer Question - Which side of the ship

mikesstuff

Hello!

Just booked my first cruise on board the Liberty for next February! :D Booked category 8B which puts us on the Empress deck. Booked directly with Carnival and the cabin selection was pretty limited. I got cabin 7351 which is pretty much middle of the ship on the starboard side.

Anyone know if there is a better side of the ship to be on? Which side does the ship typically pull up to port on? I would prefer being sea side if possible. Also anyone have an opinion on category 8B on Liberty and if middle of ship is better than towards aft. I'm also worried a little about movement as my wife and I have not sailed before.

mike

So far I believe we've only stayed on Port side of ship. Maybe it's cuz I'm Left Handed and I subconciously chose that. I don't think there is a real difference unless your travel route consistantly passes every Island on one side of the ship and you want to see it from your Cabin or balcony.Either side should be OK. Enjoy your Cruise.

T

depending on whats in port....sometimes they pull in sometimes they back in....could be different every time. Just adjust your timing a bit to take advantage of the sunrise/sunset from your balcony. Enjoy, I took my first last FEB and did a quick second in Oct and am now booked for two more....................it's addicting:D

Mikesstuff,

I am a first-timer too. I am on the Liberty this July for the Western Caribbean trip. Hubby and I are in 7381 on Empress Deck and our two teen boys are across the hall in 7383. I actually turned down free up-grade to Verandah and Lido decks. My travel agent recommended Empress deck because it is between two decks of rooms, no "common areas" above or below. She told me that it would be quiet. She also pointed out that the suites are located on that deck. According to her the cruise lines put the most expensive rooms there because of the location. I had a hold on rooms on Verandah deck until she pointed out that we would be directly below the pool area which is noisy.

I'll post when I get back and let you know how we liked our location. You are only a few doors up on your cruise.

We've never sailed on the Liberty, but been on the Valor twice, so it's the same setup. DH and I always book on the Empress deck, midship. It's quiet and there's little, if any, movement felt. You'll love it- enjoy your cruise!!

Archived