Stingray City Wave Runner Tour

smalltowngrll

We are considering the Stingray City wave runner tour through island marketing (grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com).

A couple of questions...has anyone every done this tour? Did you enjoy it? Was it worth the cost?

The only option on time for the excursion is 11am (cayman time). What time would that be for cruise time? It is a 2 hour excursion. I want to make sure we had a little time to walk around the town and explore a bit. Would we still have time to do that either before or after? We are there from 7am to 4pm that day. What time would you recommend being back to the tender boat to make sure we aren't the entertainment value for the rest of the passangers? :D

Are there any other excursions that are offered with wave runners?

We are considering the Stingray City wave runner tour through island marketing (grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com).

A couple of questions...has anyone every done this tour? Did you enjoy it? Was it worth the cost?

The only option on time for the excursion is 11am (cayman time). What time would that be for cruise time? It is a 2 hour excursion. I want to make sure we had a little time to walk around the town and explore a bit. Would we still have time to do that either before or after? We are there from 7am to 4pm that day. What time would you recommend being back to the tender boat to make sure we aren't the entertainment value for the rest of the passangers? :D

Are there any other excursions that are offered with wave runners?

Yes, it was DEFINATELY worth the price. If you figure it's about $65/30 minutes most places to rent waverunners, you are getting a bargain. We loved every second of it. The waverunners are brand new! You can enjoy the resort the waverunners leave from either before or after your excursion. We had originally booked the 11am tour but were late getting there so we hung out at the resort until the earlier group returned. I wish we had tendered in first thing in the morning instead of waiting until the last minute but I guess that's a hazard of traveling with a group of people. :rolleyes: Anyway, we left for Stingray City around 12:30-1pm. After visiting both Stingray City and Rum Point, we headed back to the ship. We had to be onboard at 3:30, if I remember correctly. So if you want to walk around, I would head off the ship first thing in the morning. Then you can catch a cab to the resort when you need to. Or, book the 9am tour and walk around after.

i just booked this excursion for may 15th. when i inquired about the tour they told me that the 11am tour was available too. i felt the same way you did but decided to book it anyway. i received the confiramtion today and they put me on the 9 am tour. so maybe the same thing will happen for you ?!?! i was happy that worked out in my favor. now i just have to worry about getting there on time.

Archived