Best Experience In Cozemel..help Me!!

We hired Adrian. (We read about him on these boards) He took us out snorkeling. He was a fantastic guide. He went in the water with us pointing out different fish. The boat followed us so we didn't have to worry about drifting. It was a great day. He also does land tours or mixture of land and water tours. We chose all snorkeling and all 11 of us in our group loved it.

If your looking for a nice beach day I suggest Paradise Beach. Great food and free water toys. Paradise Beach Tom(owner) is on the Cozumel ports of call board and you'll find lots of info over there. If you go there try the nachos!!!

If you haven't done it before, the Royal Swim with the Dolphins in Chankanaab Park is a "must do" excursion.

I agree that Paradise Beach is a very nice day at the beach as well;)

Check out the Ports Of Call Board for other ideas.

A

Rent a car or Jeep and see the island. We went to Punta Sur..... great nature reserve.... wonderful view from the Lighthouse.....all for $6.00. The guide was wonderful with great information about the Myan's.

Lunch at Coconuts....... the view is incredible..... food incredible.... and the Dos Equis......with that view .......priceless.

I would skip Carlos and Charlies.....unlesss you think you have to have a hang over.

Paradise Beach was wonderful.....we will return there on our next cruise that stops in Cozumel....

Forget everything the above posters have written - help is on the way! :D

Just Kidding - We did the Catch the Wave BOND adventure and had an absolute blast! And, when you're finished with your underwater scooter adventure, you'll have time for some Carlos 'N Charlie's action too! Oh - and some shopping. :)

Winncove:

The way to Paradise Beach is by Cab. I want to say it cost $12. oneway for 3 of us. And $20. on the way back for 5 of us.

Yes, the beach, loungers, umbrellas, float mats, snorkle gear, kayaks are all free. They also had an ocean iceburg to climb up & slide down, as well as a water trampoline to jump on! They have a massage hut that I think is $1/minute; a henna tattoo hut; a bar & grill area, and I'm pretty sure a gift shop.

Unfortunately for us, we could only stay a short time because we were scheduled to Swim with the Dolphins right smack in the middle of the day! (bad timing on my part... oh well, live and learn :rolleyes: )

You'll really enjoy Paradise Beach. You can read more about it on the Ports Of Call Boards.

A

http://cozumelmexico.net/Cozumel-Beaches.html

This is a great website for the Cozumel beaches. It's very up to date and informative. I've heard very good things about Paradise beach also.

http://www.geocities.com/smallsal/minigolf/index.html

We did the Carnival Pride May 03 and went to Sally's mini golf. It's a lush, tropical place just a short cab ride from the ships. We did this because of the age of our kids (9 & 10 at the time). It was fun but will do the beach the next time (May 05), since the Mariner has its own mini golf!

Jacquelyn :D

I recommend going to Passion Island. My wife and I went and had a real good time. It included lunch and all the booze you could consume...even though you could only choose between Corona beer and Passion Island Punch or Margarita drinks. I overdosed on Corona while my wife drank the Passion Island Punch which was quite good. It had a beautiful beach and the water was real warm.

If you're into sport fishing, then charters in Cozumel are a real bargain. Here are some links:

Last December, I landed a >45lb. grouper while trolling (downrigger). The locals eat the barracudas, although I'd worry about Ciguatera toxin. The boys caught innumerable smaller fish while bottom-fishing on the reef. If you quit early (possible because the fishing begins just past the inlet), then some local restaurants will clean & cook your catch. Unfortunately, the ships won't allow you to bring fresh fish aboard.

Our Group of 15 is booked with Eagle Ray Divers for the 3 reef snorkel trip with lunch. The cool thing is that they only do small tours so we will have the boat to ourselves and won't be crowded for snorkeling!! Check them out, http://www.eagleraydivers.com . Chellie is one of the owners and it might take a couple days for her to get back to you but she always get your questions answered.

Misty

Archived