Do you tip the room service person?

CruisinMama27

LOL!

I even tip other passengers...that's how glad I am to be cruising!

<-----Wants to cruise with Stircrzy!! :D

With room service in a hotel, I always tip atleast ten percent. I think I would feel guilty not giving $2-3 for a tip on the ship. But that's just me.

If the person delivers your order and forgets something, say cream, sugar, jam do you tip again when they return with the missing item? I always feel badly because it's such a long trek back, but I don't add an additional tip.

When that has happened in hotels, yes, I usually slip them a couple more dollars. However, it also depends on the server's attitude about it. I would probably do the same on the ship, too.

I've never heard of a room service tip going on the S/S. More likely, the delivery included a beverage, perhaps a can of soda?

$2 in single ones, not the goofy $2 bills since they are suspect in foreign ports, and the tip is waiting on the desk so they can make a quick turnaround and get on to the next delivery.

I've never heard of a room service tip going on the S/S. More likely, the delivery included a beverage, perhaps a can of soda?

$2 in single ones, not the goofy $2 bills since they are suspect in foreign ports, and the tip is waiting on the desk so they can make a quick turnaround and get on to the next delivery.

No, the $2 charge plainly said Room Service. I asked about it on my next trip by the Purser's desk & was told......you must not have tipped when order was delivered. I have a witness to verify both the tip given & the S&S charge.

It's not the money...it's the principle of the thing. No fair double dipping when you have already been tipped.

If the person delivers your order and forgets something, say cream, sugar, jam do you tip again when they return with the missing item? I always feel badly because it's such a long trek back, but I don't add an additional tip.

Not your fault the server 'forgot' something on your tray....so no, I would not tip again.

If the person delivers your order and forgets something, say cream, sugar, jam do you tip again when they return with the missing item? .

No, i will give them the full tip as soon as they return with my forgotten item.

If i don't catch it until they have left and i have to call, No i do not give then anymore tip.

I tipped $2 & also received a $2 charge on my S&S account for Room Service. :rolleyes: Guess mine stuck the money in his pocket & said I didn't tip.

That seems extremely strange. Your $10 pp/day includes room service...

Carnivals FAQ: "Tipping ($10 pp/ day) still applies regardless of the dining options selected, such as eating at the casual dining restaurant or utilizing room service. "

You are not required to TIP a penny more... so I could not see an additional TIP being put on your S&S card.

If they added a TIP without authorization, then that's stealing... I'd be at the Purser's desk lickity split.

That being said, I think a $1 TIP for rom service is fine... $2 if you must.

That seems extremely strange. Your $10 pp/day includes room service...

This is what the $10 a day includes:

The total amount will be $10 per guest, per day, which breaks down as follows:

• $5.50 pp/pd for Dining Team Service (Headwaiter and Waiter)
  • $1 pp/pd for Bistro Service (Waiter/Cooks)
  • $3.50 pp/pd for Cabin Services (Cabin Steward)

Room service is not alotted anything out of the $10 a day.

This is what the $10 a day includes:

The total amount will be $10 per guest, per day, which breaks down as follows:

Room service is not alotted anything out of the $10 a day.

Room Service IS alloted some of the money... $1 pp/pd for Bistro Service (Waiter/Cooks).

You need to read the whole answer, not just part of it:

"The total amount will be $10 per guest, per day, which breaks down as follows:

Tipping the Maitre D' is strictly at guest's discretion, based upon services rendered. For guests who wish to extend this gratuity in cash, an envelope will be available on the last evening of the cruise.

Tipping still applies regardless of the dining options selected, such as eating at the casual dining restaurant or utilizing room service. "

Room Service IS alloted some of the money... $1 pp/pd for Bistro Service (Waiter/Cooks).

Ya know i love ya Venture but "Bistro" means "small restaurant"

meaning, the deli, hamburger & pizza food areas.

So lets just agree to disagee about the tipping, i'd hate to make an enemy out of one of my favorite CC's.

OKBOOKGIRl, not to my knowledge is the room service included, and neither are the drink servers, need to have a bunch of ones to take care of these hard workers that serve us so nicely.

Room service is not included. There is a 15% tip added to drink orders.

If I was perfectly clear about exactly everything I needed, then no I don't tip them if they forgot something.

Archived