Mazatlan??

Calicruiser101

Just wondering if anyone here has used Randi's Happy Horses? We have heard great things about this tour and are booked for a ride in July. I have been to Mexico 2 other times and have always been worried about eating while off the ship. I have heard good things about Victor's which is one of the stops while riding with Randi's Happy horses, has anyone eaten there? Has anyone had any bad experiences there?

We've gone with Randi twice and had a fabulous time both times. The food is really good at Victor's. Both times we had the combination shrimp platter and fruit smoothies. I've never heard of anyone getting sick after eating at Victor's. I say go and have a great time!

I never really worry about eating in Mexico. It is usually the ice that makes you sick. We used Mazatlan Frank in Mazatlan. Great tour the only disappointment was when we realized the restaurant he took us to charged a lower price for people who were not on his tour. Food was outstanding but we paid a premium price.

I never really worry about eating in Mexico. It is usually the ice that makes you sick. We used Mazatlan Frank in Mazatlan. Great tour the only disappointment was when we realized the restaurant he took us to charged a lower price for people who were not on his tour. Food was outstanding but we paid a premium price.

Mazatlan Frank took us to Playa Mazatlan Hotel, right on the beach, very nice place with great food, I didn't pay attention to prices of the food and drinks since it was included. The Ice and Water at the Playa Mazatlan is purified or filtered, I had a glass of water with ice and was ok.

Fred

We have gone with Randi's tour and had a great time and good meal at Victors on Stone Island. The day we were there, the service was so slow. But then, we were sitting on beach kicking back with $1.50 beer, so who cares!!! We have also gone with Mazatlan Frank this last Feb and had great tour. We saw some of his special places including haciendas and Old Maz. Thanks Frank.

Oh now I am hungry thinking of Victors. Been there 3 times and it is so good. And Randi's ride is the best! Make sure to get the onion rings, guacomole and chips, and everything. My DH loves the garlic shrimp and I loved the breaded and fried shrimp. Have a great time.

Morriscats got my saliva glands going when he (she?) mentioned the onion rings, guac. and garlic shirmp. All very good.

I've ridden with Randi twice and had great meals both times at Victors. No worries about the quality of the food.

Have fun!

Ok, now you all have my taste-buds going too. I guess I won't worry about eating there since so far everyone has raved about it. I guess you hear so many stories about people getting sick after eating in Mexico that the last two times I have been there I didn't eat. However, after hearing only great things about Victor's I don't think I have that much will-power to avoid eating there.:D

Morriscats got my saliva glands going when he (she?) mentioned the onion rings, guac. and garlic shirmp. All very good.

I've ridden with Randi twice and had great meals both times at Victors. No worries about the quality of the food.

Have fun!

She!!!:p

Just wondering if anyone here has used Randi's Happy Horses? We have heard great things about this tour and are booked for a ride in July. I have been to Mexico 2 other times and have always been worried about eating while off the ship. I have heard good things about Victor's which is one of the stops while riding with Randi's Happy horses, has anyone eaten there? Has anyone had any bad experiences there?

Been there, done that. Three weeks ago. First time on a horse and I survived! Some of the fun is getting from the ship to the horses. Randi is great and I wouldn't be concerned about Victor's. We only had fries and onion rings, along with our diet pepsi; DH doesn't eat shellfish and I wasn't in the mood to eat anything but junk. :) It was a great day. ENJOY!

I just posted pictures from our trip last year: Randi's Happy Horses

Pictures 140 - 143 are on the boats that take you to Stone Island. 146 - 149 are inside (term used loosely) Victors; yep the hammocks are part of Victors (149 is Randi and me).

Lots of pictures of our group (yes there were 15 of us), and there were other people who went on this as well!

I just posted pictures from our trip last year: Randi's Happy Horses

Pictures 140 - 143 are on the boats that take you to Stone Island. 146 - 149 are inside (term used loosely) Victors; yep the hammocks are part of Victors (149 is Randi and me).

Lots of pictures of our group (yes there were 15 of us), and there were other people who went on this as well!

Wow, you have some great pictures of your ride. Thank You so much for sharing those. I have taken this cruise before but never have taken a ride with Randi's. My daughter has been in riding lessons for about a year, she really enjoys barrel racing and she wanted to know how much freedom we have to run the horses etc.? Also my nephew has never ridden, (everyone else in the group is very experienced) so will it be possible for him to ride slower if need be? Once again, thanks.:cool:

They were really good at matching up riders to horses. My youngest daughter was still 5 when we went and had only ridden pony's... they gave here this small , very tame horse. They actually, switched horses for my DW, as hers was not behaving. I was probably the most experienced rider, and they gave me (IMHO) a great horse!!! As we were going down the beach, the group split in two; faster (fast walk - slow trot) & slower (slow walkers). My horse was galloping back and forth between the two groups! :D (my daughter who has been in lessons for the past two years wanted to trade horses)

Randi and her staff REALLY does a great job.

Nothing like the experience of riding "on the beach"!

We have gone with Randi's tour and had a great time and good meal at Victors on Stone Island. The day we were there, the service was so slow. But then, we were sitting on beach kicking back with $1.50 beer, so who cares!!! We have also gone with Mazatlan Frank this last Feb and had great tour. We saw some of his special places including haciendas and Old Maz. Thanks Frank.

Ditto for us for the service at Victors, but as you say, who cares? You're on the beach in the sun and life can't get much better.

Viv

Cant add anything else about Randi that hasnt already been said - its the best beach ride going. We had newbies on slow horses and spunky horses for those of us eager to trot near the water, something for everyone. I have been to Mexico (Cancun) and gotten sick as a dog, but at Victors I had absolutely no problems and the food was delicious, as well as the cold drinks. Randi is great about shoo'ing away vendors who linger a bit too long, most are very discreet around Victors place and will not harass you unless you wander off towards the water. I have found a quick smile and a no gracias works fine. Im booked with her again in October! The salsa is so yummmmy

• 2 weeks later...

Our day horseback riding with Randi was the thing that really stands out about our trip. Wonderful, beautiful, romantic, wonderful to be alive day doesn't even describe it.

First, you are matched with a horse according to your riding ability. I had a more gentle horse, and my DH had a spunky one. The island was pretty and you could even ride your horses in the water.

Unfortunately, we did not get to eat at Victors. I had been confined to the cabin from Sunday to Tuesday with the neurovirus and Wednesday was my first day to be among the living. I was fine until we sat down at Victors to order and it hit me again. Randi was wonderful arranging for an emergency ride for me and DH to get back to the ship; and this was not an easy task. She had a guy with a little golf cart take us back to the fishing village where we were met by a little boat that took us back to Mazatlan, where we were met by a truck that took us back to the ship. I spent another two days in my cabin!

Archived