Going on Navigator Western, any suggestions for NON RCCL excurcions?? THANKS!

aearly

I will be sailing on the 8/21 sailing of the Navigator to the Western Caribbean. I have been on the Voyager Western 2 years ago and the Explorer Eastern last year.

During my previous cruises, I have booked RCCL excursions. I find these excursions to be overcrowded, overpriced, and down right too touristy.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? What is the story with things like "Peat Taylor" etc. ? What would you all recommend?

Thanks a ton!

-aearly

We'll be on the Navigator western in October and have booked all our shore tours through independent providers thanks to recommendations from the board.:)

Grand Cayman*Captain Marvin's snorkel and swim with the stingrays

Cozumel*Dolphin Discovery swim at Chankanaab Park

Ocho Rios*Peat Taylor tour to Dunn's River Falls, Fern Gully etc.

Check the forum for Jamaica and you will find Peat's email address on at least one of the posts.

Did Western last April and used Peat Taylor for Dunn's River Falls. Liked him so much, we gave him an extra $30 tip. I wanted to buy a good Movado watch. He took me to a jewelry store that beat the NOS's recommended store by a wide margin for price. Also a very honest and personable gentleman.

For Grand Cayman, we used Nativeway for the Sting Ray City tour. About 15 on our boat instead of the 75 to 100 on the cruise excursion. Helpful crew that made sure everyone got what they wanted - pics, stingray backrubs, etc.

Excursion in Cozumel was cancelled due to rough seas and we didn't do anything in Labadee except walk around. There, you have to book excursions through the ship anyway.

This is what we did on Navigator last 1/04.

Labadee--RC waverunner excursion and hung out at beach

Jamaica--am went shopping in town; pm took a cab to dunn's river falls (cheaper and less crowded)

Grand Cayman--rented a car from the avis link on www.grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com, drove the east side, ending up at rum point and took a stingray snorkel trip on glass bottom boat from rum point location through red sail sports, also got back in time to shop before boarding ship

Cozumel--rented a car from the avis link on www.cozumelinsider.com & did the east side beach club crawl....glad i wasn't driving, the margaritas were strong, cheap, and delicioso!

Whatever you do, I'm sure you'll have a blast!

Archived