Storing photographs?

cassandra44

I have been testing this new USB Bridge with my MP3 player to make sure I don't have any problems when the crunch time comes.

Hopefully I won't need it, I do delete out of focus pictures every night to make room.

For those of you who have the Wolverine 60GB, how fast is the download time from your camera compared to using your laptop? Does it seem really slow? Or am I asking a stupid question?:o

Has anyone purchased it locally? It's too late for us to order it online before our cruise and still have time to play around with it. Also I'm I correct that the Flash pac Wolverine doesn't have a viewer? I'd feel more comfortable knowing the photos are really there by seeing them vs just downloading them to a file.

For those of you who have the Wolverine 60GB, how fast is the download time from your camera compared to using your laptop? Does it seem really slow? Or am I asking a stupid question?:o

Has anyone purchased it locally? It's too late for us to order it online before our cruise and still have time to play around with it. Also I'm I correct that the Flash pac Wolverine doesn't have a viewer? I'd feel more comfortable knowing the photos are really there by seeing them vs just downloading them to a file.

The download time is pretty fast. I never had a problem with it. The Flash Pac doesn't have a viewer, that is why I bought a MVP. You can order a Flash Pac or a MVP online from Amazon, with one or two day shipping.

The download time is pretty fast. I never had a problem with it. The Flash Pac doesn't have a viewer, that is why I bought a MVP. You can order a Flash Pac or a MVP online from Amazon, with one or two day shipping.

Thanks for the info. I still need to convince my DH we need it. He has the tendency to look at the money as a possible excursion instead;) .

On our most recent cruise in March the charge for the CD burn was $9.99 if you went to the photo desk during opening hours. You will have to wait until the next day to get your CD but it is half the price of using the kiosk's they have set up. The kiosk charges $19.99 and you get your CD right away. I preferred to wait.

The cost of memory cards is quite low now. I have found that it is cheaper to buy several 1 GB cards than a 2 or 4 GB card. I always take several cards with me.
On our most recent cruise in March the charge for the CD burn was $9.99 if you went to the photo desk during opening hours. You will have to wait until the next day to get your CD but it is half the price of using the kiosk's they have set up. The kiosk charges $19.99 and you get your CD right away. I preferred to wait.

2 and 4 GB card prices are down and most cases less per GB than the 1GB. Possible exception are Sony Memory Sticks (not the duo) where the 4GB are still pricey.

At the cost of memory per 1GB, and the $10-20 cost range to copy 700mb, I do not understand why folks don't invest in memory instead of paying for risky 2nd party CD burning. :confused: I can understand if you overrun what you brought with you on the trip. Also, given I know what I shot on previous trips, I can know I shoot per day and can estimate within 10-20% of what I will shoot. ;)

2 and 4 GB card prices are down and most cases less per GB than the 1GB. Possible exception are Sony Memory Sticks (not the duo) where the 4GB are still pricey.

At the cost of memory per 1GB, and the $10-20 cost range to copy 700mb, I do not understand why folks don't invest in memory instead of paying for risky 2nd party CD burning. :confused: I can understand if you overrun what you brought with you on the trip. Also, given I know what I shot on previous trips, I can know I shoot per day and can estimate within 10-20% of what I will shoot. ;)

I agree and I stand behind my opinion, stated earlier in this thread. Just invest in extra memory cards.

They are very robust, and if you insist on making a back up, do not do so just so you can erase the memory card an re-use them. If you are coming to that point on a cruise, you didn't buy enough cards.

Just my 2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...

I am considering purchasing an Epson P3000 or possibly the P5000. Do any of you have experience with this product? It appears to be ideal for long adventure trips. [Wish I had had one in Alaska and Africa...]

Thanks in advance for posting any experience with this pro or con.

Archived