Disembarking in Seattle

sailinsoon

Hello all! New to the boards and hope you can give me some advice.....I am going round trip to Alaska from Seattle this July. I am looking to book a flight home out of SEA-TAC. The itinerary shows the ship in port at 7:00am. I am looking at a flight at 1:00pm, and am wondering if that will work, or should I go with 3:15? Also, if anyone has ideas on transportation to/from the airport, I would like those, too.

Thanks for the help!

last sept everyone was off the ship by 11am...i mean off and gone. area cleared out. it's only about a 20 min taxi to the airport..then whatever lines are there. should have plenty of time to make your flight.

we got off about just before 10, one of the last groups.

You didn't say what cruiseline you will be on and Seattle does have 2 cruise terminals. Taxi would be the easiest way to get to the ship and then back to the airport. It would probabaly cost $30-$40 and take 20-30 minutes depending on traffic. A 1:00 flight time should be fine for leaving. Just make sure to allow enough time to get through the security lines. They can be long at times and depending on how many ships are disembarking passengers the day you are there, you may have to wait in some long lines. They have improved some but you may still have to wait.

Here's a link to the Port of Seattle website. Gives info on both the airport and the cruiseport. Good transportation info on this site. There are other options for transportation from the airport to the cruise terminal it just might depend on what terminal you are sailing from. http://www.portseattle.org/

Hope you enjoy your cruise out of Seattle!

Princess does sail out of Pier 30. You might then check out Grayline of Seattle. They offer a cruise bus that goes from the airport to Terminal 30. But I don't think it's cheaper than the taxi. And I'm not sure how their schedule would fit with your arrival time. You may have to wait for the scheduled departures.

http://www.graylineseattle.com/cruiseexpress1.cfm

Hello all! New to the boards and hope you can give me some advice.....I am going round trip to Alaska from Seattle this July. I am looking to book a flight home out of SEA-TAC. The itinerary shows the ship in port at 7:00am. I am looking at a flight at 1:00pm, and am wondering if that will work, or should I go with 3:15? Also, if anyone has ideas on transportation to/from the airport, I would like those, too.

Thanks for the help!

We are using Metropolis Town Car Service for our June 29th cruise out of Seattle. There are 4 of us, $40.00 (total) + tip from airport to downtown or cruise terminal, same fee back. Check them out at https://www.metropolislimo.com/v2/default.php. I spoke with Aram at (877) 373-6120 - very easy to deal with. They come highly recommended on the Royal Caribbean board. Good luck!!

We cruised roundtrip out of Seattle last Sept 06 on the Dawn Princess. The day we returned and flew home the security lines at Sea-Tac were very LONG. A few people in our line missed their flights because of it. In my opinion, you might be cutting it a bit close with a 1 pm flight. We mentioned the crowds at the airport when we checked in and the airline staff told us this was common place when ships had returned to port that day. I've never seen such long lines for security. We are use to Phoenix Airport and things have always gone smoothly there for us.

When we got off the ship, we were able to pick up our luggage and walk out to get a cab immediately ... no waiting. Our friends took a bit longer as they couldn't find one piece of their luggage. It had been put in the wrong section. Fortunately they live in the area so had their car waiting there for them, but they got out an hour after us because of the luggage issues.

Archived