Grand Cayman - Just doing as instructed by my wife

EMess

Hello, Our family will be traveling to Grand Cayman for the day in August. I am responsible for planning the (and I quote my wife here) "Perfect Beach Day". So, to say the least, I am under some pressure to deliver. Here is what we are looking for:

1. Clean Safe Beach

2. Clean restroom facilities

3. Free or inexpensive chair rentals

4. Wave runner availablity

5. Pool (optional, just icing on the cake)

My research keeps pointing to 7 mile beach. But where???? on 7 mile??? Also, I would appreciate any guestimates on the cab/bus fare to/from the cruise pier for your suggestions.

Your input is very much appriciated.

...Here is what we are looking for:

1. Clean Safe Beach

2. Clean restroom facilities

3. Free or inexpensive chair rentals

4. Wave runner availablity

5. Pool (optional, just icing on the cake)

My research keeps pointing to 7 mile beach. But where???? on 7 mile??? Also, I would appreciate any guestimates on the cab/bus fare to/from the cruise pier for your suggestions.

1. Any tourist beach in Grand Cayman qualifies. This is not a criteria for making a decision.

2. Rum Point restrooms include indoor shower facilities. Many other beaches have an outdoor shower you can use to rinse the salt off. All are reasonably clean for answering nature's call.

3. Free at Rum Point. Available for a charge at Courtyard Marriott and a few other places. Rent for about US$10 each - price often includes one drink.

4. Available at Hyatt, Beach Club Colony, Courtyard Marriott, Sea Grape, and Rum Point. Approx US$75 for a half hour.

5. Pool at Hyatt if you want to pay for the day pass. Why swim in a pool if the ocean is crystal clear and free?

Cost of transportation - Approx US$5 per person each way to Seven Mile Beach locations. Trip takes about ten minutes each way.

Rent a car and drive yourself to Rum Point for about US$75 total. Trip takes about 1 hour each way, including time to rent and return car.

I second what the last poster said. The day pass at the Hyatt is $35 as of this time last year, but it is a really beautiful place, clean and safe, although honestly, I never felt unsafe anywhere in Georgetown and we've walked way off the beaten track. Despite the pricy chairs (which we did't rent, since towels on the sand were just as comfortable, we loved the afternoon we spent on the beach by the Hyatt. the bartender was a really good natured Australian named "Clubby." Here's a look at the place.

61956.jpg

61952.jpg

Archived