trying to pick a short getaway

Wrkathomewife

Ok,

I have checked into the liners and have two options that are affordable for me and hubby.

Carnival is doing some great cruises this fall including one to the Bahamas, a 3 day.

The other I found on this board. It's a 1-2 day cruise to nowhere with NCL. It sounds intersting. But I would like to see some sights besides just relax on the boat. Don't get me wrong. I would love a chance to just relax, eat, drink, and be lazy!!!!:)

So, anyone have any opinions about this?

Anna

Sailed Disney Wonder for honeymoon on June 22, 2006:D

We like the longer cruises, but the short ones out of Port Canaveral are soooo easy to jump on.:D The 3 and 4 days on the sensation or I think the Elation are pretty reasonable, especially in September. Kinda looking for one around there myself. Shhh, don't tell my wife.:cool:

Just remember that those short cruises have the reputation of being party till you barf cruises. Lots of party-hearty people trying to shove 7 day's worth of partying into three days. Plus, the ships they use for those cruises tend not to have all the amenities that newer ships do, as they use their oldest ships for the short cruises.

The party rep does not really hold now. In years past, there were less families and yonger people could cruise . Now there are age limits and more children and couples (except on spring break cruises---even the longer ones become somewhat a party theme). I have done and am doing it again in May, RCCL Majest of the Seas. If you only have a Fri to take off (plus the weekend off) you can get 2 port in Nassau and the Private Isalnd CoCo Cay. If you have Mon-Fri and have to work weekends (like I do) there is an added port, Key West added. This ship has the most ports in the shortest time frame. The private island is like a day in heaven. You can relax in a hammock and drink frozen drinks or do something a bit more adventurous (kayak, waverunner, parasailing). Thhis ship has (and has had) my vote for the best short sail. FYI: I love the 9-14 day cruises the best. I never want to return to the real world!

Royal Caribbean has nice 3 or 4 night cruises out of Port Canaveral, FL. We went on Sovereign and loved it! I was surprised how much relaxation we got in 4 days! :) It was before kids went back to school too and it didn't seem overwhelmed with kids/teens.

Archived