Just returned from the Elation 4/19 cruise

steel123

We just returned from the 4 day Elation cruise to Nassau and Half Moon Cay. We loved the itinerary! We especially loved the stop in Half Moon Cay. Many thanks to all that gave their advice about this ship and this itinerary. We had been on the Miracle recently and we weren't sure if we'd like the older, smaller ship, but we enjoyed this ship just as much. We also took many people's advice and arrived at Half Moon Cay early and rented a clamshell for some shade. It was a wonderful beach day on one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. (Note: the only other thing I would recommend is to use bug spray for mosquitos). This was a great cruise!:)

Elation Lido deck question. Are there enough tables inside or are all the tables ouside? My husband can't take much sun and I'm not sure I want to eat all meals in the main dining room. I would like a "heads up" on what to expect. Pictures I've seen make the area look awfully small for 2000 people.

Elation Lido deck question. Are there enough tables inside or are all the tables ouside? My husband can't take much sun and I'm not sure I want to eat all meals in the main dining room. I would like a "heads up" on what to expect. Pictures I've seen make the area look awfully small for 2000 people.

NO problem finding a shaded table or even a table in air conditioning. We were just on Elation in December and the ONLY time we had a problem finding a seat was on the morning of final debarkation at breakfast.

Darlipoo--(I know cruisinmama06 already answered, but I thought I'd respond, too) I also can't tolerate the sun. We also did not have problem finding a table in the shaded/covered area on the Lido deck. That's where I spent my time. We did eat lunch out there, too. My husband likes the sun, and on our cruise, it was harder for him to find a chair in the sun. It seems most of the other passengers wanted to be out in the sun.

Marty30907--We loved Half Moon Cay so much that I'd love to go back sometime. I would like to book this again next year, too, though it won't be on the Elation, since the Elation is leaving. I think the Imagination will be taking over this route.:)

Darlipoo,

I know I am really excited about the new Elation cruises too. I from Temecula and my daughter and I are booked for July 5th. I'm trying to talk my husband out of our annual Cabo fishing trip and do the Cabo/La Paz cruise in October instead.

Archived