Group Rates on Carnival

My husband and I are planning to sail Carnival Glory December 1, 2007. We haven't booked yet... Thought about opening it up to some of our friends to try to make a group... Does anyone know if Carnival gives groupr rates and if they do, what kind of deal?

Also, we will probably stay in an Oceanview.... Any suggestions on a deck, room class or number? Thanks!!

RCC Mariner November 2006

Carn Ecstasy February 2001

Actually you get 1 person free for 15 full fare guests. This does not count 3rd & 4th passengers per cabin. The free fare still has to pay government fees and taxes. This usually goes to the person who organizes the group. A group also gets a set number of 'Fun Points' good for anything from champagne to onboard credit.

You should call Carnival before you go to all the trouble of getting a group together. We have 11 cabins and they refused us as a group because their group bookings are closed. I am very disappointed in Carnival as it was a lot of work getting it together. They were more than happy to take us as individual bookings. :mad:

You should call Carnival before you go to all the trouble of getting a group together. We have 11 cabins and they refused us as a group because their group bookings are closed. I am very disappointed in Carnival as it was a lot of work getting it together. They were more than happy to take us as individual bookings. :mad:

This is a very valid point, once group capacity has reached it's threshold, they will not accept anymore groups on a particular sailing.

However, you should check back periodically with the group dept, as some agencies have group space on lots of sailings, and either they don't sell them or don't sell as many cabins as they anticipated. Therefore, the inventory gets released back to the group dept. It doesn't hurt to check once in awhile.

To the original OP, if you can get a minimum of 5 cabins together, and there is still group space available, you would qualify for the group rate and amenity points. You will not get the free berth until you reach 8 cabins, or 15 full fare passengers. Group rate traditionally runs about the same as they charge for an IS, OV or BL, however, you are allowed to pick your cabin, with full deposit. It's usually about $100 pp less than the rates for a 4A, 6A or 8A cabin assignment. Hope this helps.

Yes, I have been calling. One rep told me to call the end of each month. My TA that we transferred to is also trying. They do not budge when they are closed, we both tried really hard. Oh well, the TA did extra things to help compensate. I will definitely keep calling as we have over 8 months. Thanks for all the info.

Archived