Ecstasy-Only Thread! Ask questions and post info. here!

pbeachbum

DF & I will be going on our first ever (& hopefully first of many) cruise on 11/12/2007 on the Ecstasy. We would like to bring back a myian (hammock) & a couple of sarrongs (sp) for friends. would like input on where to get in Progresso or Cozumel & idea on how much $$ we will be looking at. thank you.

DF & I will be going on our first ever (& hopefully first of many) cruise on 11/12/2007 on the Ecstasy. We would like to bring back a myian (hammock) & a couple of sarrongs (sp) for friends. would like input on where to get in Progresso or Cozumel & idea on how much $$ we will be looking at. thank you.

We bought a hammock in Cozumel last week for $55 (started at $85). We were docked at Punta Lagosta (sp?) pier, and got the hammock in the market just across the street from the pier.

We bought a hammock in Cozumel last week for $55 (started at $85). We were docked at Punta Lagosta (sp?) pier, and got the hammock in the market just across the street from the pier.

do u mind me asking what size & material it was made of? It was price marked at $85 & u talked them down to $55? that is great. makes me wish my DH or youngest son was going. they love to haggle & are good. Does it help to use cash instead of plastic? I know at some markets here it will get u a better deal.

do u mind me asking what size & material it was made of? It was price marked at $85 & u talked them down to $55? that is great. makes me wish my DH or youngest son was going. they love to haggle & are good. Does it help to use cash instead of plastic? I know at some markets here it will get u a better deal.

I'm not sure what it was made of, but I think it was mostly cotton. It was a gift for our house/cat-sitters and we've already given it to them or I'd go look and see if I could tell more about it.

It's pretty big - it could two people very easily, and 3 if you really like each other :D

We got it at a 'kiosk'-like vendor, so I doubt he would've taken credit. I had cash (US$). When I asked how much, he started at $85, but it only took a minute or two to end up at $55.

Good luck - it's fun to bargain with them, and even if it's only a little bit you still feel better about it (knowing they start high expecting to negotiate)

I'm not sure what it was made of, but I think it was mostly cotton. It was a gift for our house/cat-sitters and we've already given it to them or I'd go look and see if I could tell more about it.

It's pretty big - it could two people very easily, and 3 if you really like each other :D

We got it at a 'kiosk'-like vendor, so I doubt he would've taken credit. I had cash (US$). When I asked how much, he started at $85, but it only took a minute or two to end up at $55.

Good luck - it's fun to bargain with them, and even if it's only a little bit you still feel better about it (knowing they start high expecting to negotiate)

I am needing one that would hold up to frat life at a frat house. Some of the guys are big & some not so big but all have GF they would want to share with. Also, they have a couple of stray cats that have taken up residence outside the frat house & those boys spoil them rotten. pitched in money to get them fixed, feed them by hand & let them sit anywhere they wish..LOL as if u could tell a cat otherwise. Their colors are red & yellow & do not want one w/the spreader bar. I appreciate your help & advice.

This may have been covered already, but is there a soap dispenser in the shower on Ecstasy? One less thing I have to pack.

Yes there is a soap and shampoo dispenser in the shower. I think the soap was lever 2000 and shampoo was a Dove combination shampoo and conditioner. This was Nov 2006 so the brands could be different.

I have always sail on RCCL twice. How is Carnival's Ecstasy? Want to book May 22, 2007 for 15 year Wedding Anniversary. We would like to book on the Veranda deck and have a balcony. This will be husband's first cruise and I want to do a short cruise with him so he can see what cruising is all about. I would like to book a table for two in the dinnig room and eat around 8:00 P.M. when do we request that? Is the Veranda deck noisy? Which deck does anyone recommend with a balcony?

I have always sail on RCCL twice. How is Carnival's Ecstasy? Want to book May 22, 2007 for 15 year Wedding Anniversary. We would like to book on the Veranda deck and have a balcony. This will be husband's first cruise and I want to do a short cruise with him so he can see what cruising is all about. I would like to book a table for two in the dinnig room and eat around 8:00 P.M. when do we request that? Is the Veranda deck noisy? Which deck does anyone recommend with a balcony?

You can request dining time and table size with your travel agent or PVP when you book...no guarantee. If you don't receive what you asked for, see the Maitre d' when you board. He can usually change it for you then.

I recommend the Cat 12s on the Upper Deck, especially for a first time cruiser.

Have a wonderful time!

Thank you all for responding to me. My husband is excited about this cruise. If anyone else has comments about the Ecstasy, please let me know. Thank you again!:)

We just got back last month. We did 2 Carnivals, then 2 Royal's then Ecstasy. For whatever reason the Carnival line seems to suit us better. On the Royal cruises we seemed to have a hard time to find stuff to do during the day. We really liked Ecstasy, still one of the smaller ships anyone has. And we like that. Of course next Sept. we will be trying the Valor so we are expecting about double the amount of people.

Ernie

CheerBelleMom, sounds like a fun cruise with your family. Last June was our first 5-day cruise (even though we swore we would never take anything less than 7-days) but it was great. So much so, we are going again in Nov. as you saw. Have never gone without DH but should the opportunity arise, I would, too, since he has come out of retirement to go back to work - LOL. Hope you have a great cruise and we probably are neighbors unless you live in far north NRH. We are on the south side of 820. Travelgirl

Ecstasy Verandah deck is wonderful and not busy, that's where the mini-suite balcony cabins are. The full suites are on Empress deck.

There are no table for 2's in the dining rooms but you might request a small table and many time other's assigned to your table don't show up and boom..you've got a table for two. The 8 dining is great especially when you've been on shore all day and dirty or sweaty. It gives you time to clean up and get to dinner without a rush. :p

Just got off the Ecstacy yesterday. The five day cruise felt like it was a seven. We loved it. There was a female comedian named Kim that was so funny. One night she has a regular early show and then a rated R midnight show. I was hysterical. The Verandah deck is a great location. The rooms are kinda secluded. We had a table for ten and just one other couple showed up the whole cruise. Surprisingly the lobster on formal night was really good. Usually dry and tough. Speaking of formal night, it wasn't enforced at all. For men that don't want to wear a jacket and tie there was no problem. Ship is in great ship. Rooms were like new.

BTW Can someone tell me how to list past cruises. I can't figure it out. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got off the Ecstacy yesterday. The five day cruise felt like it was a seven. We loved it. There was a female comedian named Kim that was so funny. One night she has a regular early show and then a rated R midnight show. I was hysterical. The Verandah deck is a great location. The rooms are kinda secluded. We had a table for ten and just one other couple showed up the whole cruise. Surprisingly the lobster on formal night was really good. Usually dry and tough. Speaking of formal night, it wasn't enforced at all. For men that don't want to wear a jacket and tie there was no problem. Ship is in great ship. Rooms were like new.

BTW Can someone tell me how to list past cruises. I can't figure it out. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to go into your "Signature" and add it through there. At the top of the page on the left is a link called "USER CP" click that and then click edit Signature. You can put anything at all in there except links for advertisements. There are options for text size and colors.

Ernie

I'm going on my first Carnival cruise and only been on one other ever. I've been researching everything I can find and just joined this site (haven't read entire thread yet, but am working on it) so please let me know what you know.

Are there minibar fridges in the cheap outside rooms with windows? If minibar, can I move the items in there to make room for what I want to store? (Must have my 40th Bday champagne ;) )

I'm a huge water drinker - how is the taste on board? I've only read two water taste reviews and one said other line has well filtered tasty water, which they did; and another said the water on another Carnival ship was highly chlorinated and you needed to bring or buy bottled water. What was your experience on Ecstasy?

Can you add MaitreD tip to shipboard account or do you need cash? Do servers, etc. appreciate international phone cards in addition to usual tips as was suggested on that other cruise line I've sailed?

Is there an iron available to all in a public laundry room or somewhere?

Since we are a group of moms travelling together, we will want extra copies of the daily schedule - where/how do we get extras?

Do I understand correctly that soda is NOT offerred for free even in the dining rooms? So if I want sparkling water, I bring it or pay huge, right? Is hot water available at the buffet if I bring my own stash of tea bags? May I also use my own insulated mug for my hot water/tea?

Are there any photo packages available: disc of all photos taken or set # of photos for a discounted price?

Has anyone brought their own (goat , raw, almond and/or soy) milk on board for personal consumption? I'm concerned they won't allow "perishibles" even if I don't need/ask refrigeration for it. Anyone tried bringing "perishible" snacks/drinks?

TIA for any information or ideas you can provide.

Happy Birthday Cruise to me!!! -Linda.

Archived