Ecstasy-Only Thread! Ask questions and post info. here!

pbeachbum

Just dropping by to say "hello"! My DH and I are first-timers on Ecstasy in October and we are counting down the days!

Thanks everyone for their advice and tips! Keep 'em coming! :D

Hi firebound82!

My Dh and I will be 1st timers in October as well! What's your cruise date? We're 10/25.

Looking for the following current information...

Captain:

Cruise Director:

Asst. Cruise Director:

Maitre d' Windsong:

Maitre d' Windstar:

Captain Pier Paolo Scala, ...until mid-Nov 2008, I think.

His wife, Chloe, is the Hotel Director

Cruise Director is Goose Newman

Was someone still looking for the 4-day Capers? i found some on webshots.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/557486341JTOiEe?vhost=travel&start=0

Still trying to find out about the teen program. Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks! I didn't come across them because of the spelling. I appreciate it! Sorry I do not have any info about the teen program. I will be going in May, I will try to bring back all the info for anyone who needs it after that.

I read a recent Ecstasy review on another board that said the CD is now Tina Noble. Don't know if Goose is on vacation or moved somewhere else. Never saw an Asst. CD, if they even have one. I have a picture of the Maitre'd in the Windsong Dining Room but don't know his name.

I will be leaving next Thursday ( 10-11 -2007) on my Ectasy Cruise.... Just got back (3 weeks ago) from Rccl Freedom of the Seas..... Am I going to be disappointed?????

The Freedom was beautiful and had everything on it..... we loved it but it was like being in a large city ...not so much on a cruise ship..... .. I was on Rhapsody last year ( my first cruise ) and I honestly think I like the Rhapsody better.... it felt more cozy and cruisey..... you saw more of the water and just much more aware of being on a cruise.... if you know what I mean....

My brother, sister, son ( and spouses ) are taking my 86 yr old dad. ( he loved the Rhapsody ) He is a WWII Navy man and it brought back many memories but good ones ...

tissabe .... let me know if you find a meeting place and we can meet....

EASTTEXANS 2 I have family in Winnsboro????? Hope you have a great trip.

I will be leaving next Thursday ( 10-11 -2007) on my Ectasy Cruise.... Just got back (3 weeks ago) from Rccl Freedom of the Seas..... Am I going to be disappointed?????

The Freedom was beautiful and had everything on it..... we loved it but it was like being in a large city ...not so much on a cruise ship..... .. I was on Rhapsody last year ( my first cruise ) and I honestly think I like the Rhapsody better.... it felt more cozy and cruisey..... you saw more of the water and just much more aware of being on a cruise.... if you know what I mean....

My brother, sister, son ( and spouses ) are taking my 86 yr old dad. ( he loved the Rhapsody ) He is a WWII Navy man and it brought back many memories but good ones ...

tissabe .... let me know if you find a meeting place and we can meet....

EASTTEXANS 2 I have family in Winnsboro????? Hope you have a great trip.

hey epi, i was hoping to get a meeting place idea from this board but no nibbles yet. i'll keep checking back.

teresa

Was someone still looking for the 4-day Capers? i found some on webshots.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/557486341JTOiEe?vhost=travel&start=0

Still trying to find out about the teen program. Anyone? Anyone?

In my signature we have capers for the 5 day we went on in August. We have all the Camp Carnival sheets for all age groups. It may take some time to find, but they are in there.

Ernie

I like end of January/February for a cruise to break up winter.

We did Caribbean Princess end of January this year, but I have Ecstasy booked the end of January 2008 and 2009 with a deposit. My Jan 2008 has already gone up $60 per person, so someone is booking that week or it wouldnt be going up in price.

We had great weather this past January, so Im hoping for a repeat on Ecstasy.

I'm on the Ecstasy on 1/21. That one seems to be filing up as well. I figure if it's winter here in the midwest than it's the perfect time to be in the tropics.:D

It won't be bad at all, you will get a lot of exercise walking stairs and can eat more cake!! Inside cabins get really dark, might want to bring a night light.

We got booked into an interior cabin on the rivera deck. how bad is this going to be?

We got booked into an interior cabin on the rivera deck. how bad is this going to be?

I've been there before on our first cruise. 2nd cruise we were interior upper and there was no difference to me. Unless you get a balcony cabin I think its just as good as anywhere on the ship.

How would the seating be for a party of 7? Does the Ecstacy have a booth big enough or a table for 8 or 10? Just wondering if they may have another party seated with us.
They do have tables for 8 so most likely you will get a table by yourselves. Be sure your reservations are "linked" so you are all together.

Actually we love the Riviera - nice and quite down there. Interior cabin is fine - I prefer outside because I lose track of time in an interior (no window to tell me the weather) but I have booked an interior on the Riviera for our next cruise to save money.

Hi All,
Just got back two weeks ago. I'll try to answer some questions.

Cruise Director: Tina Noble. She was great, very visible all over the ship.
Goose is on vacation. He'll be back in November I think?
Assistant CD: Family Guy. That's what they call him, he looks like him. Also very visible all over the ship.

Captain Scala is on vacation, supposed to return in November also I think. New captain is Guiseppe something. Very nice guy.

Maitre'D in Windsong was Francis (India), also very nice and personable.

Best place to do a meet and greet IMO is the Society Bar. Not nearly as crowded as say Atrium or Metro.

Also, FYI, Ecstasy has been awarded (for the third time I think) the Crystal Eagle Award. The award goes to the one Carnival ship (out of 22) with the HIGHEST rated customer service. It's a great ship with a great crew!!

We left her last Monday. Here are some pics [URL]http://good-times.webshots.com/slideshow/560811430OSCqeX[/URL]

[quote name='kingfish78734']Hi All,

Assistant CD: Family Guy. That's what they call him, he looks like him. Also very visible all over the ship.

Captain Scala is on vacation, supposed to return in November also I think. New captain is Guiseppe something. Very nice guy.

Best place to do a meet and greet IMO is the Society Bar. Not nearly as crowded as say Atrium or Metro.

Also, FYI, Ecstasy has been awarded (for the third time I think) the Crystal Eagle Award. The award goes to the one Carnival ship (out of 22) with the HIGHEST rated customer service. It's a great ship with a great crew!!

We left her last Monday. Here are some pics [URL]http://good-times.webshots.com/slideshow/560811430OSCqeX[/URL][/quote]

you are the best!

We left her last Monday. Here are some pics [URL]http://good-times.webshots.com/slideshow/560811430OSCqeX[/URL][/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Kingfish - up here in Leander! We got back in late August but missed Progresso due to "Dean" and was looking at the photos of yours and was wondering where that was you ate and was it anygood? We are booked in early Feb.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]We were also in the Windsong and Francis really took care of us when there was a seating issue with our party. Also saw one of our "great" waiters in the background of one your photos. Anyway I digress, but must agree about the Society Bar![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='qprrules']
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Kingfish - up here in Leander! We got back in late August but missed Progresso due to "Dean" and was looking at the photos of yours and was wondering where that was you ate and was it anygood? We are booked in early Feb.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]We were also in the Windsong and Francis really took care of us when there was a seating issue with our party. Also saw one of our "great" waiters in the background of one your photos. Anyway I digress, but must agree about the Society Bar![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Well Hi neighbor!!:)

Nelstar (on the left) was our headwaiter and Ayu (right) was assistant waiter. They were both AWESOME!! Francis also helped without batting an eyelash when we requested earlier seating.

The restaurant we went to THIS trip was Le Saint Bonnet. If you walk down the main street towards the beach (just ahead of where the free bus lets you off) and make a right on the "Malecon" (beachfront street) Le Saint Bonnet is on the right in that first block. It was terrific!!!! You HAVE to try the "fried whole fish". MMMMMmmmmm....it was excellent!
We spent several hours just drinking, eating, and people watching and our bill was $29. Oh, and bring your swimsuit. They have a small but very nice swimming pool inside the restaurant. It's all tropical and jungle-y (sp?) looking.

Here's their website....and you can print a coupon for a free margarita [URL]http://lesaintbonnet.com/[/URL] Just don't forget the coupon on the ship like we did:( .

P.S.: The handsoap in the bathrooms is AWESOME!!

Oh, and one other thing......there is a group (none of us knew each other before getting together for this trip) that is going in Sept. 2008. You should join us :) . It's a great package. Here's the link [URL]http://mybeachboard.com/smf/index.php/topic,4572.0.html[/URL]

[quote name='kingfish78734']Well Hi neighbor!!:)

Nelstar (on the left) was our headwaiter and Ayu (right) was assistant waiter. They were both AWESOME!! Francis also helped without batting an eyelash when we requested earlier seating.

The restaurant we went to THIS trip was Le Saint Bonnet. If you walk down the main street towards the beach (just ahead of where the free bus lets you off) and make a right on the "Malecon" (beachfront street) Le Saint Bonnet is on the right in that first block. It was terrific!!!! You HAVE to try the "fried whole fish". MMMMMmmmmm....it was excellent!
We spent several hours just drinking, eating, and people watching and our bill was $29. Oh, and bring your swimsuit. They have a small but very nice swimming pool inside the restaurant. It's all tropical and jungle-y (sp?) looking.

Here's their website....and you can print a coupon for a free margarita [URL]http://lesaintbonnet.com/[/URL] Just don't forget the coupon on the ship like we did:( .

P.S.: The handsoap in the bathrooms is AWESOME!!

Oh, and one other thing......there is a group (none of us knew each other before getting together for this trip) that is going in Sept. 2008. You should join us :) . It's a great package. Here's the link [URL]http://mybeachboard.com/smf/index.php/topic,4572.0.html[/URL][/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Very cool! We will definitely go there. Thanks so much and great photos.:cool: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Another neighbor here in Round Rock! Thanks for the answers to our questions. Society Bar it is!

Teresa

Archived