Ecstasy-Only Thread! Ask questions and post info. here!

pbeachbum

They stuck us on Riveria deck..R front of ship porthole room!
5A room...
Its my first cruise to celebrate my 40th bday!!!

Wanted something nice!!!!

Now they say they can upgrade to a interior room....NO view back of ship on the upper deck.....WHAT TO DO????

We were on the Riviera Deck in June and loved our room. Actually, the room is no different than the ones on the other decks. It is not below the water. It is still quite high off the water. Some friends of ours had a port hole room on a previous cruise and loved it. Actually, by being a little closer to the water, you can watch for flying fish! We have an OV for our next cruise but I would take a port hole room if I had to. You get to see out!!! Have a great cruise!

We will be in the Gulf, looking at all the rigs lit up like Christmas trees!!! Final question for the 'sperts.....

I like the late nights, dancing, drinking, etc. Soooo where is the place to be for dancing? I am not into the old folks home kinda stuff either.

Thanks

Chinatown!!! We returned two weeks ago from Ecstasy and the band in Chinatown was AWESOME!!! Have fun, wish we were going again.

Don't worry about the porthole room! I had one on the last cruise -- U10. It was great. It was way forward, so it was very quiet. No noise in the hallways to speak of to wake us up at night. And I've been on the Riviera deck too. You're not under the water -- unless you have 12 foot waves! :p We went through a tropical storm the first night on the last cruise, and whenever we would hit a wave, we could see the spray going by our porthole. I can only imagine this would be even better on the Riviera Deck!

Don't worry -- there really is no BAD cabin on a ship! Any cabin is still better than your office, right??

EASTTEXANS 2....

I know I am horrible but I don't know the name of the road >... I know how to get there....coming from Sulphur Springs turn right at the water tower and down that road...

I was just there Sat. Oct 6..

have you lived there very long... my brother in law has been there for over 20 years...

To answer IslandLittleLeague's question -We have sailed out of Galveston several times during December. To board, I usually wear long pants and shirt with maybe a sweater or sweatshirt, depending on the current weather. Again, depending on if a front is going through at the time, the first day out and last day in may be on the cool side. If no front is going through, then it will be nice and warm. It will be very warm in Coz and Progreso. We had one cruise in December where it was nice and warm the entire time and people were sunbathing on that last day. On another cruise, it was cool and windy and no one was laying out. Just depends on the weather. The ports will be nice and warm. Shorts and capris (summer clothes) at the ports.

The ships are usually decorated for Christmas at Thanksgiving. At least it was on our Thanksgiving cruise several years ago. Hope this helps. Travelgirl

We went snorkeling last Nov in Cozumel - the water temp was perfect. The weather cooperated also, was a warm day and partly cloudy. We had a great time. A lot of the coral around Cozumel had been damaged by a hurricane, so we didn't see any coral where we were. But the tropical fish were great.

Booking with Carnival for Excursion or going on your own?

My wife and I are taking our first cruise in about a month and our wondering which is better, taking a cruise excursion or seeking out on our own. We don't want to shell out a bunch of money and get taken advantage of and want to make the most or our time.

Also how long do you actually have on the Island? I'm a go from sun up to sundown type of person on vacation,but this is supposed to be a relaxing trip so I don't want to book too much.

We want to allow for time to shop, hang on the beach, swim. We also may be interested in a massage on the beach. We're going in Nov. and it will be just the two of us.

Any suggestions will be very helpful.

Booking with Carnival for Excursion or going on your own?

My wife and I are taking our first cruise in about a month and our wondering which is better, taking a cruise excursion or seeking out on our own. We don't want to shell out a bunch of money and get taken advantage of and want to make the most or our time.

Also how long do you actually have on the Island? I'm a go from sun up to sundown type of person on vacation,but this is supposed to be a relaxing trip so I don't want to book too much.

We want to allow for time to shop, hang on the beach, swim. We also may be interested in a massage on the beach. We're going in Nov. and it will be just the two of us.

Any suggestions will be very helpful.

Check the Playa Uvas thread where you posted this question recently. I answered you over there.:D

EastTexans2..... I have been to Winnsboro and saw all the old cars.... My husband loves that... we used to have one but sold it several years ago.... you have to really keep them up or they go down hill quick...

Do you watch channel 7 News out of Tyler...??? If you do and you notice they are one anchorman short that is because he is with me.... The regular 5:00 and 10:00 ancholr is my brother and he will be cruising with us Oct 11 .

We were on the Ecstasy in September, 2006. We only used one card. They updated all that when they refurbished the ship in the Spring of 2006. So, you only have to keep up with one card and there is also a safe in the room as well.

I've sailed twice on the Ecstasy since then and I have had to use TWO cards. One for S&S and one for the room.

Now that's really weird. Why would it change back? That used to be the way it was before they updated it. I don't know what happened, but we only used one card. I remember being surprised because I had heard that you had to have two cards.

Both times since the refurbish I've sailed it was still two cards. I know it was two as I was shocked that I didn't lock the key card in the room as I'm used to only one card.

They wouldn't change back. Perhaps you got on a deck that was in the process of changing doors? Both of those times I was solo so on a lower deck. But to avoid confusion you'd think they would do all or none.

Archived