Ecstasy-Only Thread! Ask questions and post info. here!

pbeachbum

Kenster- The Texas wine you brought on board...did it happen to be LLano?

My Uncle is the C.E.O of LLano

May 13th, 2008, 06:58 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by margaritaville4me

Kenster- The Texas wine you brought on board...did it happen to be LLano?

Of course, Llano wines come to mind as one of the original Texas wines but these were not from Llano. One was a nice Dry Reisling from the Fredericksburg area (Can't remember the vintner). The other was a great Chardonnay from a nice little winery on the edge of Brenham - Pleasant Hill!

Has anyone stayed in U95??? I have been on the Ecstacy before, but have not stayed in this particular cabin. I believe it is across the hall from the penthouse suites. I looked at the deck plan and the room is not shaped like a typical inside stateroom. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!:o

Has anyone stayed in U95??? I have been on the Ecstacy before, but have not stayed in this particular cabin. I believe it is across the hall from the penthouse suites. I looked at the deck plan and the room is not shaped like a typical inside stateroom. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!:o

I was wondering the same thing, we are staying in that cabin on our upcoming cruise.....any info would be appreciated.

Has anybody every stayed in cabins E114 and E110? They appear to be right below the Wind Star dining room, but just barely, not far from being under the galley. They are connecting cabins. One for DH and me and one for our 2 girls. We could have had 2 cabins one Main deck mid-ship but opted for the upgrade. Just wondering if we made a mistake.

Thanks... :cool:

Hello Ectasy Lovers,

I tried the thread search (couldn't get it to work) and skimmed through 20-some pages. Does anyone have balcony pics (suites)? or know of a link?

I was pricing the suites (11?) but not the penthouse (12?).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Don't waste your money... Here are 2 pics. One of the outside from the street and one of my husband on the balcony of V1. There was one chair out there but is you actually sat in it you had nowhere to put your legs.

CarnivalCruiseEcstasy07001_edited-1.jpg

CarnivalCruiseEcstasy07030_edited-1.jpg

Don't waste your money... Here are 2 pics. One of the outside from the street and one of my husband on the balcony of V1. There was one chair out there but is you actually sat in it you had nowhere to put your legs.

CarnivalCruiseEcstasy07001_edited-1.jpg

CarnivalCruiseEcstasy07030_edited-1.jpg

Hey Kelly-Thanks for the info. The pic with your husband-is that the stairs right outside of your cabin?

Yes it is, and everyone coming & going on those stairs can see inside your cabin if you leave your curtains open. Those stairs lead to the look-out at the front of the ship. You can see in the first pic the stairs outside & our cabin (V1). We are going on this ship again for the 4th of July this year but not in the same cabin. We just got back from Voyager of the Seas & you will just love that ship! We plan on going again next Apr. on Voyager..

As soon as you get onboard, go to the dining room and ask the dining room attendant to seat you together. Calling will not guarantee that you get seated together as they do not have control of that there. Have a great cruise!

Call Carnival and get them to link you together. Then when you get your Sail and Sign cards check, they should have your dining time and table on them. If they are not, then got to the dining room and see if they maitre d can put you together. We have been seated with the people we were linked with on the last 3 cruises we have taken.

Our group of 14 just returned from a 4 day (5/22). Some of us in inside, some in outside and one couple (lucky us) in category 12. It was a blast! If you ever get the chance to go category 12, do so! Our room steward was awesome and the room was just too good to be true. Everyone, no matter what their room category, had a wonderful time again this year. This ship is so well kept, the service is the best and the staff is some of the best we have experienced among all of the different cruise lines we have traveled with.

Yes it is, and everyone coming & going on those stairs can see inside your cabin if you leave your curtains open. Those stairs lead to the look-out at the front of the ship. You can see in the first pic the stairs outside & our cabin (V1). We are going on this ship again for the 4th of July this year but not in the same cabin. We just got back from Voyager of the Seas & you will just love that ship! We plan on going again next Apr. on Voyager..

Thanks Kelly. I think you are so right about the Voyager. Just can't wait! :)

We've cruised three times with Carnival, once with Princess, and once with RCI. I am trying to sneak in a 5-day on the Ecstasy perhaps late Oct or early Nov. I found some great OV rates. Approx $400 (including extra fuel charge) each. Can't beat that. I just love (live) to cruise :D

• 2 weeks later...

I am back and will tell you that the Cat 12 balconies are fantastic! My first balcony room and it was so nice to sit and look at the ocean. My daughter and I spent a little more time in the cabin than most because of a health condition requiring some afternoon rest so the cabin was well worth it. I will warn those with mobility issues that the shower/whirlpool bath had extremely high sides and would be very difficult for some people to get in. I also think that the Ecstacy lacked good comfortable window chairs for reading out in the public rooms. I had a good time and the food and service was very good, however I won't probably be going out of Galveston anymore until the itineraries include something for us that like more historical/educational sites. The atmosphere was all beach, drinking and having a "good" time. All the seminars/programs were all sell, sell, sell. Why can't they include seminars on the history and people of the areas visited? Maybe one for the kids (me too) on the history of the real pirates of the Caribbean and the sea animals found in the area. Hairy chest contests and newlywed games are getting old. So am I so I guess I am a stick-in-the-mud.:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
include seminars on the history and people of the areas visited? Maybe one for the kids (me too) on the history of the real pirates of the Caribbean and the sea animals found in the area.

I think these are great ideas and hope you shared them!

I'm cruisin in November with friends from FTW. I was born & raised there and now living in Okla. Looking forward to something diff in Progresso. 1st visit didn't enjoy. Will try ruins this time. Anyone have a suite w/balcony? Wondering how nice it is. Hope we don't get one with an obstructed view, though. Fav show not to be missed on Ecstasy? Or anything else you think we should definitely try or do while on this ship?

Hi, LovinCruisin! What category suite are you talking about- cat. 11 or cat. 12? As far as I know, none of the cat. 12 suites are obstructed. But there are a few cat. 11's on the Verandah Deck that are. They are listed on the Carnival website.

Anyone have a suite w/balcony? Wondering how nice it is. Hope we don't get one with an obstructed view, though.

If you go back about two pages (or so) there is a picture of V1s balcony (no bueno). We had U70 (cat12). Here are several picture of U70, including the balcony. You know, in all fairness I should also add some pictures that we took from our balcony to that album. Here is a thread about the Cat12s on this class ship. There is a similar thread on the Cat11s.

HTH

I've been on four cruises and this was my second voyage on the Carnival Ecstacy. This ship stinks....LITERALLY! From the moldy-musty cabins to the sewer odor on upper decks to the cigarette smoke permeating the Promenade Deck, the air quality in this ship is horrible. It's unpleasant and, if anyone in your party suffers from asthma or allergies, I suggest you avoid this cruise entirely.

Ecstacy's best featire is exceptional service. From the waiters to the cabin boy, Ecstacy's entire crew was diligently helpful, cheerful and attentive. The cleaning crew worked non-stop to keep the Ecstacy ship shape in the wake of a fully-booked crowd but occasionally fell behind.

Food in the dining room was above average and the buffet adequate. Though musty, our cabin was clean and well appointed. The Ecstacy's decor is dated and shows increased wear and tear since last summer. Both glass elevators in the main lobby were out of service the entire cruise, public room furniture is shabby and worn. The air-conditioning is spotty, some areas of the ship are extremely cold.

Our teens were very disappointed when The Amazing Cozumel Race was canceled last minute but enjoyed Adventure Park, Zip Line & Snorkel excursion instead. In Progresso, we had a nice time chilling out at the Corona Beach party. If you're into shopping, Cozumel is the better port of the two.

This cruise mostly attracts working class families plus a few newlyweds. Our children had a blast on the Ecstacy both last summer and this summer, there's plenty for them to do on-board and on excursions. If you're looking for elegant, cultivated ship-mates, or seeking an adult singles scene, I suggest you book elsewhere. Happy cruising!

Archived