When it rains in Bermuda.....

jad828

Does it normally rain all day? Or is it like Florida rain where it rains and then clears up. I looked at the forecast next week and it looks like there will be a bit of rain. :( I am hoping this cruise isn't a total wash out!

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm leaving for bermuda on Sunday. I'm staying on the island for 5 days next week. Every website forecast is different. I've never been to bermuda but plan on 70 degrees/daytime & 60's nighttime. From every website I've looked at it the weather looks great. Slight chance of rain.

Happy sailing!

Sue

HI,

This is forecast from this link:

http://www.weather.bm/forecastPublicExtended.asp#Period3

Sunday - Mostly cloudy, rain or showers later, chance of thunder... Winds southwesterly light to moderate, increasing moderate, veering westerly light to moderate overnight... Low near 17°C/63°F, high near 23°C/73°F.

Monday - Mostly sunny... Winds westerly light to moderate, veering northwesterly, backing west-southwesterly overnight... Low near 17°C/62°F, high near 22°C/72°F.

Tuesday - Sunny... Winds west-southwesterly light to moderate... Low near 18°C/64°F, high near 23°C/73°F.

See I knew the forecast would improve!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep a positive attitude! :)

Sue

Weather.com has rain every day except Wednesday. The royal gazette newspaper has it as sunny. Do who do you believe? I have been in Bermuda in the past it rained for 5 days straight. So it can happen, but I am sure that is not the norm.

I think I'll stick with the forecast from the bermuda website which is also featured in their local newspaper. I like it much better & It's not going to rain!!! Positive attitudes!!!!! :)

Sue

Ps. weather.com from the weather channel is usually incorrect when they forecast where I live.

Our first trip to Bermuda in 1969 was in April (our delayed honeymoon). We booked a week at Elbow Beach and had 5 days of rain and one with mostly sun.

We became friends with the expat. hotel manager who told us that, according to everyone he spoke with locally, Bermuda never experienced a rainy spell that was anything like that.

A couple we befriended during our stay decided to stay an extra day in hopes of a day of sunshine, while we decided to cut our trip short by a day. (Cup half full/cup half empty types, I guess.) They called us when they returned home and told us that the extra day was, you guessed it, rainy as well.

The rains were intermittent downpours with frequent breaks so we still did a lot of the usual tourist stuff but our tans got no help at all.

We still had a lot of fun on our rented scooters and swimming in the pool and the Atlantic in the rain and still have fun recalling the trip.

Hi,

Just thought I'd let you know that I had the best weather this week while I was in Bermuda! It was about 75 & sunny (NO CLOUDS EVEN!!) It was cooler in the evening so I wore a long sleeve shirt or sweatshirt.

Can't belive I was there only 24 hrs ago............ahhhhhhhhh wish I was there!!!

Use the bermuda website for the most accurate forecast for that area.

Sue

Archived