formal dress

I bought a gown for formal night on Diamond Princess to Hawaii. Its a rust satin gown with a wrap to go around my shoulders. The dress itself has spagetti straps.

I know you very smart people know what colour shoes I should wear? I don't have a picture of it because its getting made right now at a bridal shop.

I've had people say I should wear black shoes, some tell me gold strappy shoes, and others say silver strappy shoes.

I knew to come to the experts and ask in hear!!

You people are great and I read this every night.

Please help me decide.

Thanks so much!!!

A bronze colored shoe would work too, I think. It would be close to your rust color. Best thing to do, most likely, would be to take the dress with you when shoe shopping and compare and contrast. And I don't know what the obsession is with "strappy". Snore. Find a current, modern shoe that oozes style. The metallic shoes are all the rage currently. How fun, eh?

My first instinct would be bronze. You really do need to take the dress, or a good sized scrap of the fabric the dress is being made from.

Don't hesitiate to try different types of shoes, sometimes I'm surprised at what I like when I experiment and take a few chances. The style of shoe is up to you, while most women like a strappy heeled sandal (is that an oxymoron?) a closed toe shoe is a fine choice too.

I will say that the metalic shoes in my wardrobe are always chosen first and go with so much more than other colors of shoes, including black.

I knew I could count on your expertise!! I have a little piece of material that the dress shop gave me, I took it in to a couple of shoe stores and the Bronze was perfect with it!! The gold looked really good also but the bronze was the diffinate winner!!!

Thank you so much for all of your help!! Happy cruising!!

Archived