Past Cruisers Question

defaultet

Hi,

I'm sure this is a stupid question but I haven't been able to find the answer online. If you've been Carnival's sister cruise lines, Holland America in my case, does that give you any benefits with Carnival? Or are the two programs completely separate?

Thanks,

Erik

Hmm...I know Holland will give you discounts if you've been on any of the sister lines. They are very loose with this policy and do not ask for any numbers, etc. (Just try calling and say you've been on Carnival, you'll see)

I already booked a Carnival cruise in October so I'm not so much concerned about the pricing. But I heard Carnival has a cocktail party for past guests, so I'm just a little curious. Of course, I think with the agency I booked with, there are FOUR cocktail parties, so I'm not really sure if I need another one. :D

It gives you pretty much nothing. You'll have to build up your perks on each line separately. Carnival also owns Princess, but there are no benefits that will be honored from one cruise line to the other. Sorry.

I don't know about this.

I have received information about a Vacation Interchange Privileges program.

The info I got from Holland says, "As someone who has sailed on one of our sister cruise lines in the past, you're eligible for Holland America's Vacation Interchange Privileges. This entitles you to the same special savings and amenities as our own past guests."

Both Holland and Princess sent me VIP numbers.

(They all want to be my new best friend)

It could possibly give you a small discount when booking a Carnival cruise, if your particular cruise is offering Past Guest rates but does not count towards Carnival perks.

My Princess cruise didn't get me anything when booking with Carnival.

For more info, check out Vacation Interchange Privileges at www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com This info from the back of a Carnival brichure

........I already booked a Carnival cruise in October ...... I heard Carnival has a cocktail party for past guests, so I'm just a little curious.

You won't receive an invitation to the Past Guest party...but you will on your next Carnival cruise (if it's five nights or longer). Enjoy your first Carnival cruise!:)

Archived