Princess Charter on First Choice to FLL

peterv

I know this is not a P&O question, but I thought someone might have some experience on this board, posting it on the Princess forum means it would probably disappear in a couple of hours. ;)

We are sailing on the Caribbean Princess in June, and the only flights were a charter on First Choice that leaves on Sunday, the ship also sails on Sunday at 1700 as well. I have been told that the plane leaves LGW at 0900 and arrives in FLL at 1400.

Has anyone got any experiences with flying all that way and rushing to the ship? I believe we probably would not get to the ship until 1530 after customs, immigration, luggage and the transfer to the ship. :eek:

Cheers,

Peter

I know this is not a P&O question, but I thought someone might have some experience on this board, posting it on the Princess forum means it would probably disappear in a couple of hours.

We are sailing on the Caribbean Princess in June, and the only flights were a charter on First Choice that leaves on Sunday, the ship also sails on Sunday at 1700 as well. I have been told that the plane leaves LGW at 0900 and arrives in FLL at 1400.

Has anyone got any experiences with flying all that way and rushing to the ship? I believe we probably would not get to the ship until 1530 after customs, immigration, luggage and the transfer to the ship.

Cheers,

Peter

Is your charter flight booked through Princess or is it independent. If the former then it is not a problem as the transfers will be organised by them as well and the ship will wait if you are late.

With P&O you get off the plane and you do not see your luggage until you reach the ship. In Barbados you do not even go into the terminal the coaches meet the plane and you are taken straight to the ship.

I understand that it also works well in New Orleans when P&O starts from there.

P&O does not use FLL.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Hello Peter,

If the flight is into FLL, its only a 30 minute journey from there to the ship. However, there has been problems with these flights in the past mainly, I think with sheer weight of numbers. The US immigration are finding it hard to cope. Mainly at Miami though.

I believe, because of this, Sea Princess will, in future years be using Jamaica for its North American passengers.

I take it that you are on a Princess charter so don't worry about missing the ship, it'll wait for its charter flights. They seem to be late in leaving on most cruises because of this. On Sea Princess last year we certainly were and never left Ft Lauderdale till just past 1900.

Try to be on deck leaving the port. The sendoff from the locals living in the vicinity of the port entrance is awesome. (portside)

Jimmy

We have done this my tip would be make sure you have some shorts etc in your hand bagage you can change when you get to the ship sometimes luggage can take a long time bearing in mind everybody on the plane is going to that ship

Thanks everyone for your answers. Glad to hear that they would wait until we got there, then again with about 250 passengers or so, I'm sure it would be in their best interests to wait.

I've been on the Caribbean Princess before and FLL as well, just not on one of Princesses Charters. I do know that the trip is really quick and wonder if it might be better to skip the bus and grab a cab instead. I would think that this would give us a jump on checking in before the whole plane load arrives at the pier?

Cheers,

Peter

Archived